Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling CPS on a Family Member (No I didn't do it)-Update in Purple

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

My brother is dating and living with a woman who has been in prison. She was in prison for theft related to a drug problem (heroin) and is participating in a drug program. She did a year with 3 years probabtion, which was over last year. She has been clean for 4 years. I don't like her past (who would) but have not had any problems with her. She has been really good to my niece and nephew, who are 11 and 7.

Enter my brothers ex wife. Two weeks ago she went over to their house and got into a brawl with both my brother and his girlfriend. She ends up in jail and the new girlfriend pressed assault charges. My ex SIL (also a drug addict) has 3 warrants for other drug charges that were outstanding, and this charge could be enough to send her to jail. My niece and nephew were not present during the brawl (both were at my moms house).

On Thursday night CPS and the police showed up at my brothers house. They examined his home and interviewed him and the kids, and found that they were not in any danger and did not take the kids out of the home. The police officer told my brother that 6 calls had been made this week alone and that they had to investigate. My brother asked if he could know who had been making these calls, since somebody obviously has it out for him. The police actually told him his ex made 2.......and my other, very crazy brother made the other 4 telling CPS that they were in danger!!!!

Where does my other idiot brother come in? He knew the new girlfriend back in the day, and I found out today he used to do drugs with her!  He wants her gone, and risked my niece and nephew to get rid of her! He was in cahoots with my ex SIL!!!! Who in the hell stabs their own brother in the back like that!!! 

My brother with the children is no saint, he has made mistakes, but I would never do that to him. Thanks ladies for letting me vent.

*****I do have one question, can people get in trouble for making false accusations to CPS? I am completely clueless when it comes to things like this.******

Pregnancy%20ticker

Due in March? Join me in March 2011 Babies! (Group Mod)

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missmegan09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:55 PM

wow that is not right what so ever he honestly not trying to offend but might be using drugs i know in my family for the ones who are doing drugs its a sack over family anyday and its sad and that is why i dont speak to most of my family unless i really have to

KeatonsMama404
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I dont think they are allowed to reveal who called.

LancesMom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:21 PM

hugs

busymom64064
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Quoting KeatonsMama404:

I think that they are allowed to UNLESS the person calling wants to remain ANONYMOUS. 

gfamilyof4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Dang....that's pretty shitty to do to a brother....sorry your family is goin through this....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsi1
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:31 PM

My idiot brother left his name when he called. And yes, from what my mom told me, they are allowed to reveal who has been making the call(s) unless they wish to remain anonymous. I underline that part because I know absolutely nothing about CPS and how they work. Just going off of what she told me.

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting KeatonsMama404:

I think that they are allowed to UNLESS the person calling wants to remain ANONYMOUS. 

JustUsGirls321
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I don't know how CPS works, but I don't think you can get in trouble for making false claims...otherwise there would be alot of ex's in jail for making false claims.

pageantgirl3
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:46 PM

wow, I hope they can get into trouble for making false calls like that.

gfamilyof4
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:50 PM
I believe he can. Dh had a buddy that got mixed up in drugs about a year ago. He left his wife and kids for another woman, and decided he wanted his girls back. He made false accusations (too nasty to talk about) and the girls were removed from her house...only he didn't realize they knew about his drug habit. He fessed up bc he didn't want his girls with strangers and has to go to court next month for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momsthename0609
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:51 PM

A friend of mine just went threw this with a family member. The CPS worker told her the first time they check it out. If nothing is found then they close the case. If someone calls a second time about the same things, they are told that it has already been checked out. If they call a third time about the same thing then charges can be pressed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)