• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can i please get a Darn Minute??!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm a momma to 4 wonderful kids a wife and also a momma to a 7 month old blck lab. Oh and i'm a SAHM. So my problem is this ... I can never have a freakin' minute to myself or at least it feels that way. I try to do all my house work early and feed everyone so that i can get some time to myself ,but it always seems that someone needs something right when i'm gonna read a chapter in my book or sit on my laptop.And even when i'm the bathroom someone always has to knock on the door and ask are you in there? GRRR uhhh. Sometimes i think i'm going nuts and other days i think that it's just the way things are.I gotta keep telling myself that one day all my kids will leave home and i'll be saying how much i wish they were kids.But i just need a break every now and again.I hope i'm not the only one feeling this way.   

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidansmommy219
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:15 PM

i hear ya!! maybe instead of trying for your own time at night you could wake up a little bit earlier than the kids and enjoy a cup of coffee before the chaos begins. its worth a shot.

ang12285
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM

I think every mom feels this way. There are times I go lock myself in my bedroom and tell my husband DEAL WITH THEM! lol

momma_814
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it and give an update:)  

Quoting aidansmommy219:

i hear ya!! maybe instead of trying for your own time at night you could wake up a little bit earlier than the kids and enjoy a cup of coffee before the chaos begins. its worth a shot.

NSeni
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM

my fiance works a lot so i don't get a break unless the grandparents take them for a few hours. there are a few places where i won't take them too like dr's appointments, especially obgyn.. but other then that they are here always.

alleysmommy405
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM

That is a very good idea, I will have to try that too! =)

Quoting aidansmommy219:

Stevensmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Nope I feel the same way every single day!!!

miriamz
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Nope you are not the only one.

amydutchcakes
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM
well i kind of expect the growing up part. i do stop and try to remember they wont always want me or need me around "bothering and embarrassing them" . i prepare myself for these words because they will sting...but i also picture the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...being able to do whatever the hell i want again when they leave home :) !
Mama32309
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:53 AM
LOL I have good days and bad 2 kids and a 2yr old lab/shep mix and he Is a mamas boy in his terrible twos! My dd is 16 months and goin through terrible twos and my stepson is 8 and always has his friend over and nag me all the time to play video games lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama32309
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:54 AM
Good and bad days lol! I don't want you to read that the wrong way

Quoting Mama32309:

LOL I have good days and bad 2 kids and a 2yr old lab/shep mix and he Is a mamas boy in his terrible twos! My dd is 16 months and goin through terrible twos and my stepson is 8 and always has his friend over and nag me all the time to play video games lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)