Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Unhealing c section

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 10:26 PM
  • 22 Replies

So monday was 3 weeks since my c section and I had staples on the inside but on the outside they just glued me shut.  I thought I had been healing some but tonight I had a little spot bleeding on my incision and it is still sore.  It is so annoying because I have a friend who said at 3 weeks she was completely healed on the outside of her incision.  I just want to be back to normal so I can lose this baby kangaroo pouch and wear my normal clothes.

by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeartsLove
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 10:46 PM

No, your friend is crazy, you are not completely healed on the outside after 3 weeks. And I doubt you got staples on the inside. They sew you shut on the inside with dissolving stitches, and staple you on the outside. They then remove the staples before you leave, which may be why you think you were glued shut.

Go easy on it and give it time. Keep it clean, soap it up every time you're in the shower then put a little lotion on it to keep it moisturized, It'll heal better and scar less if you keep it moisturized. You may have a bit of stitch working it's way out

Heart_Transplants.gif

GOINGCRAZYXXX
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I've had 2 c-sections and I healed pretty quickly but everyone is different. A friend of mine took 3 times as long to heal. I also had some spot bleeding, nothing to worry about, just keep an eye on it. I had the stitches on the inside and was glued outside, no staples for me so maybe that is the difference?? Hang in there, it will heal, just give it time!!

Rowdys.Mommy
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I'd go have it checked because you could have internal bleeding...I had that and the hospital tried to send my home but I wouldnt let them. They took me in for scans and the guy said it was a good thing I came in because I was really close to having blood posioning. I was in the hospital for a week and then I was fine! Let me tell you I felt sooooo much better!!!!!!!!

Rowdys.Mommy
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 10:50 PM

FYI the reason I went to the hospital was because I was still hurting and my mom told me she was waterskiing 2 weeks after her c-section because she was healed. So I thought something was seriously wrong!

avgjoebabe
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 10:56 PM

When I called my dr office they said just let it heal from the inside out and keep it clean with peroxide and keep gauze on it......I don't go to the dr for 3 more weeks!!!!  It has a slight ooze to it, nothing that is a lot just slight

KrhMsh
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Good luck with the kangaroo pouch.. I'm 3mo postpartum and I still have it. It's smaller, alot smaller, but still very much pouch-like.

I've never heard of staples on the inside and just being glued shut, that kinda freaks me out, I'd call the Dr.

Also, don't rush the up and around stuff, I did, my inside didn't heal as fast as the outside, and now I have a hole that heals and re-opens in my scar, and was told it will continue to do so until the inside heals, and they won't seal it shut because it's not big or infected.

lilcutiesmom
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Go see the dr.  I had something like that happen and had an abscess. I had to have nurse care 2x a day for a week and then get sewn up again. Don't let it go because it could be an infection!

moodygremlin
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 11:04 PM

i would do as the doctor says.  everyone heals at their own pace so don't worry if it takes you longer then your friend to heal.

DylansMom213
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I had absorbable staples on the inside, no stitches, and  they used steri-strips to close the outside incision. There's nothing wrong with that. I healed pretty quickly too, but I wasn't doing any sports or anything really active until about two months later, because I had some slight soreness. But I never bled...I did ooze a little. And my c-section was 18 months ago, and I no longer have the kangaroo pouch! Breastfeeding was my best friend, I lost all the weight I had gained during pregnancy plus an additional 14 pounds. But I did work out too. Don't worry that you're not all perfectly healed yet, everyone's body is different. And a c-section is major surgery, it takes time. And yes you probably did have staples, just like I did! Good luck!

308_mom
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Quoting HeartsLove:

No, your friend is crazy, you are not completely healed on the outside after 3 weeks. And I doubt you got staples on the inside. They sew you shut on the inside with dissolving stitches, and staple you on the outside. They then remove the staples before you leave, which may be why you think you were glued shut.

Go easy on it and give it time. Keep it clean, soap it up every time you're in the shower then put a little lotion on it to keep it moisturized, It'll heal better and scar less if you keep it moisturized. You may have a bit of stitch working it's way out

no they used staples on the in side n staples on the out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN