Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i make my hubby go to the hospital??

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM
  • 23 Replies

well my hubby fell off a 30 ft roof whebn he was 14 and cracked his skole. here the passed few days he keeps saying his head feels funnty like presure or something. let night he could even stand up i had to staghten his legs and pull him up. he refuses to go to the er bc he has no insureance. this is beganing to scare me idk what to do can i make him go like call 911 or something i dont want him dying on me bc he wont go.

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBix
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Call 911 he will be treated even if he doesn't have ins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianav
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Yikes. Tell him that a few 100$ is nothing compared to him dying and leaving his family behind to fend for themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegStorey
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM

He should definitely go to the Dr. at the very least... life is worth infinitely more than the cost of a Dr. visit.   It could be something serious... and it's better safe than sorry!!! I don't know that you can make him but I would definitely push for it and not let it go!

Best of Luck!!!!  I hope everything turns out well!

rosemagic01
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:09 AM

i fell out of a shopping cart and fractured my scull at 8 months. My mom was told to watch me closely and bring me in if anything seemed off up till my teen years! So obviously something can happen years later from something like that. Nothing ever happened to me though I was fine. It can't hurt to be checked over though I mean not saying its that but possibly something else. Call the hospital and find out if there is some sort of help or aid that he could get for his bills if he came in. I bet you $$$ they will want him to come in no matter what but its at least worth checking it out. Maybe call at the very least the nurse line? Get an opinion?

MommaBoop922

you can't MAKE him go and you can't make him call 911 but you can call 911 and have an ambulance come... its still up to him to decide if he will go or not though... Good Luck! 

tarinnam
er even with out insuarance they have payment plans and they have charity apps that can drop his bill to 10%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AES514
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:10 AM
Is he confused at all? That's the only time you would be able to make the decision. If he is rendered incompetent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreamer_8291
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Take him to the ER! They HAVE to treat him whether he has insurance or not! You will get a bill, but you can make payments.

mstevens10
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM

If you call 911 and the ambulance comes he can still refuse treatment. Even though you are his wife the only way they can treat him is if he consents or he is unconsicous. If he knows who he is where he is and what day it is he is considered alert and oriented. If he doesnt know one of the 3 then they can take him and treat him even if he says no.  You can try it... but if he isn't willing to go and hes oriented theres nothing the we as paramedics can do besides trying to convince him. Has he had ongoing problems with his cracked skull since it happened years ago?

Loving life to the fullest! Happily married to Josh and a stay at home mommy to our wonderful little boy Jude :) He has filled my heart with more love and amazement than I knew existed. I thought overall my life was complete, as good as it gets, but little did I realize how something so small can take you to greater heights. Our life isn't perfect but it's the imperfections that define the love we share and... the life we live :-)

Now as a mother my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

lillysmomma2006
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Quoting AES514:

Is he confused at all? That's the only time you would be able to make the decision. If he is rendered incompetent.

sometimes when he has a spell if thats what u wanna call it he act like he dose not know what going on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)