Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whose baby needs instructions on how to pronounce his/her name

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:37 AM
  • 182 Replies
Does anyone have babies w names that are spelt diff?
Where wen ur at the dr's office &they call out ur babies name. &u always find urself correcting them?
my son's name is Colton plain &simple was just wondering which mom's have this prob?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBix
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:39 AM
My son's name is Bailian. Its pronounced Bay-lee-inn and ppl are always butchering it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniL05
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Eh...a little but just because it's a Spanish name. Our first son is Maximiliano (Max E meal E ah no) and people are funny trying to say it. I mean really just say Maximilian with an O if you can't figure it out! Most people are smart enough to sound it out though. We're thinking Sebastian for this next baby so hopefully no one will have problems with that!

wildsun
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:42 AM

We went with an alternative spelling so we are having to deal with that, basically any time someone else is in the position to spell his name. It's Nathanial with an A instead of an E at the end, so it's not too terrible.

We were going to go with Nathan for short but it didn't take long to make everyone call him by his full name (I would have allowed Nathan, not Nate or Nat) so now I have to deal with the misspelling as well. AND the kid refuses to say his own name. 

TempestRayne

I'm good. there might be some issues with my tadpole's name (Liam and Airen) but my older three are pretty good.

MIMIBRIE

I gave DD a different spelling of Brianna its Brionna and they pronounce is like bree-o--nah and its just bree-on--nah :) She just answers to anything really and then comes home and complains a bout it. Had I thought it would be that hard to pronounce I probably would have spelled it another way

Britti210
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM

EVERY SINGLE TIME lol I can totally understand the mix up but my daughters name is Arianna - I want it to be pronounced Rianna and everyone ALWAYS says AIRianna... frustrating but understandable... what ticks me off is that her actual doctor of 2 years now still says AIRianna, it's like dude I correct you every single time get it right!

MelaniesMama

not me!
Melanie
Natalie
Pretty easy!

wildsun

Sorry, but I would have messed it up too. 

Quoting KBix:

My son's name is Bailian. Its pronounced Bay-lee-inn and ppl are always butchering it

HisSmileMakesMe
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:45 AM
my name is always mispronounced so I named my son Xavier to spare him the headache. My name is ib-tee-haj
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tristansgirl
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM

My son does. His name is Jyden (Jayden) I liked it spelled the other way and so did my husband. We have only gotten in a couple of times but when we do I always correct them and now my son does too. Its funny when he does he gets SOOO mad at them he goes can't you read! (he is 9).

We get Jiden a lot....i'm trying to figure out how to spell it the way people say it and thats the only way i can think of J-I-den with the I very prominent. He gets so mad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)