Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hair advice for my 3 year old

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:55 AM
  • 13 Replies

brooklynn will be starting school sept 7th and i keep debating cutting her hair into a bob, she has long stringy hair its super thin, but will cutting it into a bob thicken it up? here are some pics what do you ladies think..

thats her hair all wavy/curly all natural

her hair with a little bit of help, just some gel * I HATE PUTTING STUFF IN HER HAIR*

all i do with this is twist it and twist it and twist it, and it turns out like this super cute, but work and i cant keep doing it while she is at school

her hair straightened * I HATE STRAIGHTENING HER HAIR* so as cute as this is i dont wanna do it like this everyday for school cause its bad for her baby fine, thin hair

so ladies what do you think? do you think cutting her hair in a bob will make it thicker and take otu the curls? do you think it will be easier to handle then her long stringy thin hair now?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CDing, EBFing, NIP, NO COVER, BWing, APing, Non-CIO, Co-Sleeping, ERF, EHing, Vaccinating, Circumsizing, Local Grown Food Eating, Christian, Disabled Veterans wife to Robert and Mommy to Brooklynn and Colton

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:56 AM

it will be easier to brush, but cutting it won't make it any thicker.

KBix
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM

i have no advice but the twist is toooooooo cute!

she is a very beautiful little girl!

BroCosMom
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM

thanks i do it with my hair sometimes, that pic was an end of the day pic lol lot cuter in the beginning but thank you:D

Quoting KBix:

i have no advice but the twist is toooooooo cute!

she is a very beautiful little girl!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CDing, EBFing, NIP, NO COVER, BWing, APing, Non-CIO, Co-Sleeping, ERF, EHing, Vaccinating, Circumsizing, Local Grown Food Eating, Christian, Disabled Veterans wife to Robert and Mommy to Brooklynn and Colton

tristansgirl
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:04 PM

My youngest has hair like that. We keep it at her shoulders or above. It doesn't thicken it up or anything it just makes it easier to brush. It will take out the curls though. Or at least that happens when I cut my Oldest DD's hair short.

I do the twisty pony tail as well. I get them out of the bug and just twist until school starts. It is usually dry or almost dry by the time they leave and it always looks cute.

MommyofJulian
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I think her hair is beautiful as is. Cutting it won't make it thicker it may appear thicker but it won't actually be thicker. That is something that will come with age. As for the curls she may lose them if you cut them there is no certainty. Sorry.

sweettigeress
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Cutting it will make it thicker, however it will have to be cut more than once to get it thickened. One time just won't cut it. However, I'd just leave it. I think it looks too cute. Her hair is thicker my 3yo's. lol!

juansmommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM

aww shes so pretty my 2 year old has hair like this as well i want to cut it her dad doesnt, i say leave it shes so pretty!

kirstn007
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM

cutting it wont thicken it, it might make the ends less fine because the ends are blunt after being cut, but no it wont thicken. just like people say shaving will- no it wont thats a wives tale. i think a pony tail or the twisting works its cute and shoulder length is real cute

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I don't think cutting it will make it thicker. But I have been told that people with thinner hair wear short hair better then people with thick hair. I have extremely thick hair! We're talking "horse's tail" thick lol. I look horrible with short hair, so there might be truth to that :)

The curls might fall out. I know that when I cut my boys' hair, they lost their curls. Don't know how if it is related or not. 

mama_pink_tink
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM

the bob will be more convienient for you, I've had extreamly fine hair my whole life, aside from my pregnancy lol. But the bob will be cute and easy and will halp with the stringy appreance. my mom tried to swear by them, till the layered look was done on my hair.....  if layerd correctly it can appear thicker, and in some cases feel thicker, talk to the stylest before cutting it, that person will be able to give you some insite on what will work for what u want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)