Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

keritosis palaris

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

That's what I have! Lol for those of u who don't know it bumps kida like zits on your skin. The most common place for it is you upper arms. Anyway I have had it my whole life and have been very self conscious about it but it was only my arms. Now after having my 3rd child I have it on my upper thighs and on my waist,hips and above my butt! I have tried retin a I got from the dr and had a bad reaction to it. I feel very gross and ugly naked now! Do any of you have it or know anyone who does and have any advice on ways to help treat it or make it less noticeable? I know there is not cure for it but I have never had it this bad and really need help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Love_My_Leah
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:02 AM
Ive heard Derma Doctor's KP Duty works wonders on it, but it's expensive and you have to keep using it or it will come back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmy3babes
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:26 AM
Thank you! I will look into it. I'm willing to try pretty much anything at this point.

Quoting Love_My_Leah:

Ive heard Derma Doctor's KP Duty works wonders on it, but it's expensive and you have to keep using it or it will come back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeldescending
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:28 AM

BUMP!

ajtherad
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:35 AM

My Son had a little outbreak on His face about a year ago, and was diagnosed with Keritosis Palaris. They told me there isn't anything I could do, that'd it just clear up on its own..and it did. Hopefully it doesn't return, my poor Li'l Man hated having those little bumps. =/

Kjirstin7
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:48 AM

I've had it most of my life on my upper arms. I use a good exfoliator scrub on my arms once a week, and I put lotion on everyday. It's gotten better. My youngest was just diagnosed with it too last week. He has it on his upper thighs. I can't use an exfoliator on him obviously, but I'm starting to put lotion on him everyday.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)