Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Umm this is just too old

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:40 AM
  • 28 Replies
I saw a kid on a bike the other day. No training wheels or anything. He was probably 6 years old. In his mouth was a pacifier!
Not only is that way too old IMO but can you imagine what would happen if he fell with that thing in his mouth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajtherad
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:41 AM

WOW. And yeah..falling "just right" with that thing in his mouth could be bad news for him. Yikes, dude. I'm so glad my Son got rid of the paci shortly after His 2nd Birthday - it was a piece of cake, too!

MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:42 AM

yeah... My niece and cousin are 17 years old and actually have one!! They say it's cool.. ugh. no it's DUMB!

ajtherad
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:47 AM

Oh, lord..I did that when I was a teen, too. lmao!

rissarin
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:02 AM
Omg. Huge pet peeve of mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:44 AM

wow thats crazy

HeartsLove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:48 AM

Me too! I saw a kid at the Chick-Fil-A playground the other day he was probably about 6 with one and he was talking and drooling around it. Ugggh it drives me insane. Luckily my kids never liked pacifiers

Quoting rissarin:

Omg. Huge pet peeve of mine.

Heart_Transplants.gif

luvmyairman
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:50 AM

well I think its too old too, but what is worse is my dad worked with a 50 yr old guy that still sucked his thumb...he had bad teeth from it.

mama2zack
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:02 AM
I was at the WIC office and saw a six yr old boy with a pacifier a bottle and bein held like a baby. And no he was not handicapped. I was in shock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saduncan
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:20 AM

And people wonder why their children aren't independent anymore.  Six is definitely too old for any of that.  Doodle plays with one sometimes (she's two) but she just thinks its funny.  She doesn't get one outside of the house, the ones she has are old one from when she was a baby and didn't like them then.  I think parents are getting (not all parents) lazy or they are coddling their children.  What the hell are they going to do when they are teenagers and can't function independently within society?

Quoting mama2zack:

I was at the WIC office and saw a six yr old boy with a pacifier a bottle and bein held like a baby. And no he was not handicapped. I was in shock.

"Great. So you've fallen in love again. Go wash yourself off. Dirty stuff." --STM

Orchidmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:34 AM
That is too old. I took my daughters away when she was 1 even though i had a hard time. And ive seen kids that age in stores with paci i think its embarassing for the parents but apparently they dont care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)