Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get him off?.....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:08 AM
  • 76 Replies

To work in the mornings? ;) 

I know before we had our lil man I got up every morning at 4:15am and got hubby's lunch ready for him and kissed him good-bye. With a baby I needed all the sleep I could get so I stopped... But for the last two weeks I've been getting up again and making him coffee and an egg and cheese bagel for breakfast and his lunch and I love doing it! I love knowing that I'm taking care of my man and I know he is really thankful to have me do it. 

We all talk about all the great stuff we do for our kids or what our hubby's do for us but what do we do for our men? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saduncan
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:13 AM

I have always gotten up with him, unless I'm deathly ill.  lol  He's gotten so use to it, I don't think he'd know what to do if I didn't get up with him.  I wake him up, get his breakfast, pack his lunch and make sure he has everything together for his uniform.  Maybe I do too much, but he appreciates it.  

"Great. So you've fallen in love again. Go wash yourself off. Dirty stuff." --STM

nurbabe82
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Give me some of that morning happiness you wake up with lol. I am such a bear first thing in the morning.

NotUrMama72
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Quoting saduncan:

I have always gotten up with him, unless I'm deathly ill.  lol  He's gotten so use to it, I don't think he'd know what to do if I didn't get up with him.  I wake him up, get his breakfast, pack his lunch and make sure he has everything together for his uniform.  Maybe I do too much, but he appreciates it.  

I don't think it's too much. I don't get him up (the alarm does) but I make sure he's got everything as well. And I'm sure he does appreciate it! 

NotUrMama72
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:21 AM

Quoting nurbabe82:

Give me some of that morning happiness you wake up with lol. I am such a bear first thing in the morning.

I'm sure I have some to spare!! I've always been a morning person!! I'm usually annoyingly happy and perky in the am LOL I have to keep reminding myself that not everyone is like me and that not everyone wants to have a great talk in the AM and they just want to sit there and drink their coffees lol

mysteriousdaze
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Between pregnancy insomnia, bipolar insomnia and a 5 month old, anything before 9 is hell to me. I've never been a morning person. I'm always cranky and irritable but usually chipper up as the day goes on. This first trimester is killing me with insomnia.

erikays
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:05 AM
We all get up at the same time (my oldest goes to school). So sometimes I do make his breakfast and get his lunch together. I don't mind I'm already doing my sons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Yep. We have one car, so if I want the car while he's gone on 3-4 day trips, I've gotta be the one to drive him to the airport. Even for the occasional trip when I don't have to drive, I DO still get up; I do it out of consideration to him because he's working so hard. 

Usually I make breakfast, pack his food bag (he takes things like soup and I usually make him a sandwich for the first day of the trip) and make coffee. Sometimes I pack his clothes bag (if we stayed up late to play the night before and he didn't have time), iron his shirt, and help him shine his shoes (yep, I really do.) 

Mrs-Atkinson
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:53 AM

No, I don't. DH prefers to have quiet time by himself before work.

aydansmomma04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Yep! I get up every morning and make my husband his coffee and get his lunch together while he is showering. I always get a thanks for it.

I am a firm believer that the more I go out of my way for my husband the more he goes out of his way for me and it is a never ending cycle. This keeps the love alive and we both feel like we have someone who cares about our wants and needs.

luckychance1985
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:10 AM

I'm up every morning to get his lunch ready to take to work. I always put in a little snack i know he likes ;) I also do his laundry everyday because he only has 2 uniforms for work. Dinner is either ready or cooking when he gets home and the bedroom is all nice and clean and ready for him to go to bed at night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)