Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blast(s) from the past.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

Growing up, my husband really only made friends with girls.  After he moved away from his home state and joined the military he started to finally make friends with guys.  I don't care if he has some friends that are girls, but not all.  He's been on FB at work lately and it seems like girls from his past are coming out of the woodwork!!!  Single, married, complicated, whatever, they're all over his page!!  He was a bit of a man whore to say the least.  Am I wrong to be irritated by this?

"Great. So you've fallen in love again. Go wash yourself off. Dirty stuff." --STM

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
saduncan
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Oh, and I don't have guys (friends or that I've dated) from my past on my page and I dont' talk to any of them either.

cutie_pie20
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:08 AM

idk i can't say for all guys but from my experience i have a hard time with things like that.  it is 1 thing if he was still friends and hanging out and told u i have all these friends that are girls if u dont like it then move on.  i will tell guys i date before hand look i have guy friends and they are sticking around because they were here before you...  i knew my bf had girls that are friends but when they hit on them out of spite to you thats when i get mad.  i think girls are scandelous half the time esp when they want to be in a relationship and see how well ones relationship is going.  i was just dont say anything about it, if its not acted like a problem dont take it as a problem if u turn it into something bringing it up all the time it can turn into a problem or him feel like u dont trust him and cause problems in ur relationship.  just try and remember hes with u but if it is cause for concirn dont be stupid either lol 

saduncan
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Quoting cutie_pie20:

idk i can't say for all guys but from my experience i have a hard time with things like that.  it is 1 thing if he was still friends and hanging out and told u i have all these friends that are girls if u dont like it then move on.  i will tell guys i date before hand look i have guy friends and they are sticking around because they were here before you...  i knew my bf had girls that are friends but when they hit on them out of spite to you thats when i get mad.  i think girls are scandelous half the time esp when they want to be in a relationship and see how well ones relationship is going.  i was just dont say anything about it, if its not acted like a problem dont take it as a problem if u turn it into something bringing it up all the time it can turn into a problem or him feel like u dont trust him and cause problems in ur relationship.  just try and remember hes with u but if it is cause for concirn dont be stupid either lol 

To the best of my knowledge I dont have anything to worry about, but I'm smart enough to know that it doesn't mean something won't happen.  I'm not sure why it bothers me SO much.  It's not something I'm going to bring up with him for now.  It's not worth a fight at this point.

"Great. So you've fallen in love again. Go wash yourself off. Dirty stuff." --STM

Jenn8604
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:23 AM
Mention it as a side note sometime. talk fb sometime and just drop the subtle hint. like wow i noticed ur finding all ur old friends. i didnt know u where so popular. just down play it and if he gets defensive there may be something. if they are all just friends he should go yeah are u finding urs too? or something like that. dont be accusing or anything. also ask if maybe u could be friends w some of his married friends and if they are in the area u could go out together. theres no harm in being friends. for all u know u could get a new bff. or she could confess all if there was something to confess. does this all make sense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckychance1985
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Right, wrong, or indifferent... I'd be irritated. 

saduncan
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Thanks ladies.  I am mostly irritated because most didn't find him, he found a lot of them.  We're living overseas right now but will be moving "back home" soon where a lot of them are.  Just seems a bit off.  Maybe it's all just innocent, but maybe not.  I have a bit of a jealousy streak as it is so I'm trying to put this into perspective before I say anything about it.

prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:22 AM

that is exactly why we dont do FB or My space. we both have wayyyyyy to many ex's and friends with benefits from the past that were causing issues so when we got married we agreed social sites like that are off limits.

DeagynsMommy09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:32 AM
I made my DH delete his fb account. I went through his messages, and was talking to a TON of girls. He told all of them that he and I were separated because he caught me cheating on him-which is not true. One of the messages was sent from him 3hrs after our third son died, so you can imagine that I was livid! I kicked him out when I found out. When we started talking again, there was a loooong list I made up of things he had to abide by. So far, everything is okay. I mean, I don't trust him, and won't for a while, but for the moment he isnt giving me any reason to doubt.
As a PP said, I would just cautiously bring it up. If he starts acting weird about it, I would be careful. GL momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)