Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kinda upset

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

ok this month we didn't try so hard for a baby we only had sex once and it was 3 days before my egg droped. we tried it the night my egg droped but dh about blacked out so we stoped. but i'm feeling the same way i felt last month. i told dh i want to be done trying until next year! it seems like the ppl in my life who don't want kids get kids and me who wants a kid doesn't get one.  it's kinda upseting and depressing. all i ever wanted was to be a mom and it feels like it will never happen.

i told dh that in 6months he's going to get tested b/c i know my egg drops and i get my period ever 28 days so maybe he's got blinks i don't know.  any words of wisdom for me. thanks for listning ladies!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alyssacabrera03
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:29 AM
Don't give up and good luck =)
erikays
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:35 AM
Maybe focus on something else? After ttc for 2.5 yrs for our 2nd, I got VERY depressed. I told myself "fine enough is enough!" I focused on losing weight so maybe I could feel better about myself. Day 4 into exercising we conceived! I didn't know I was pregnant til 21 weeks bc I lost 35 lbs and had no symptoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NotUrMama72
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Stop trying. Enjoy the sex. It'll happen. I think it's a good idea to have hubby go get checked. Sometimes it just takes people a while... We were together for 3 years long distance but only saw each other one weekend a month and had unprotected sex and nothing. When I finally moved here we had sex a lot for 7 months (not trying for a baby but not using anything) before we got pregnant. 

Keep your head up. It'll happen! 

hugs

Karenjm
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Your time will come.  It's hard to understand that right now, but try and keep your chin up and never give up.  Good luck and lots of hugs!

DeagynsMommy09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:40 AM
The more you "try", the less likely it will happen. Trust me. I had a friend who "tried" for 5 years with her DH and nothing ever happened. They ended up adopting a little boy because they thought they couldn't get pregnant. On the exact day that the adoption was finalized, she found out she was pregnant. Sex isn't supposed to be a job, so just have fun with it. I mean, it could even just factor out that maybe your egg drops earlier or later than what you actually think. Unless you test every month, or just know your body that well, calculating egg drops isn't always an exact science anyhow. I mean, you do seem pretty stressed about it, and stress is a big factor in body and hormonal changes.
So, loosen up, and just have fun with it. GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nattiesmom10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:47 AM
My hubby & I tried for a year with no luck. We finally just gave up then a few months later I was prego even though I wanted a baby when we started trying I wouldn't have it any other way if we didn't get prego when we did it wouldn't be the same little princess I have. I actually thought I was sick lol I went to the doc I was so tired I couldn't stay awake. It'll happen just don't think about it too much. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLub
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM
Why did he black out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsi1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:12 AM

We tried for 5 years. I have PCOS and Hypothyroid so I had to do infertility treatments. Clomid did not help me, but one round of injections did the trick. I wouldn't give up so easily since really everything sounds good with you. Alot of things can affect sperm count (lots of caffeine, underwear instead of boxers, large alcohol consumption, medications). I'm not sure if DH does any of these but if he does I would have him make some lifestyle adjustments and see if that helps. If not then he should be checked. But overall, really, try to relax. I wish you the best.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Due in March? Join me in March 2011 Babies! (Group Mod)

littlemissmj
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:30 AM

My advice is to stop trying and enjoy the sex and it will happen. I was having sex every day for 4 months before I finally got pregnant, sometimes several times in a day too! And I'm a young perfectly healthy woman and my DH already had two other children. Sometimes it just takes time.

Mrs-Atkinson
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:33 AM

How long have you been trying? It took my 3 months to get preggo with my first child, but I was only 18 then. And it took 5 months to get preggo with my second at 23. Age can really change how long it takes. Everyone always told me not to stress over it so much and that it would happen when it was meant to. It was hard for me at the time, but I finally listened and then it happened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)