Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A few Halloween related questions

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:41 AM
  • 8 Replies

First of all, do you think this is just too big for my daughter, or rather will be in 2 months for halloween?  

My mom made it for me but I was 10 months old by my first halloween.  She isn't really big (12 lbs 14 oz) but I'm thinking it will still work maybe?

Any clue where I can get a wig and tights for this?

And I just had to include the doll because my mom made that for me too :)

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DeagynsMommy09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:43 AM
I think it looks fine. I would just get a little white babies hat and some red yarn and make the hat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DancesWithLoons
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I dont think Halloween costumes have to fit perfectly, I am not sure where you live, but here trick or treat can either be hot or cold! so most people buy the costumes a little big in case you have to layer underneath it! Also the story behind it is another good reason not to worry about this size!

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Good point.  I'm in California.  Last year my son was a dinosaur and even though the costume wasn't that warm I had to unzip it because he was so hot!  We were wearing t-shirts and shorts and still pretty warm.

Quoting DancesWithLoons:

I dont think Halloween costumes have to fit perfectly, I am not sure where you live, but here trick or treat can either be hot or cold! so most people buy the costumes a little big in case you have to layer underneath it! Also the story behind it is another good reason not to worry about this size!

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

DylansMom213
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I think it's fine. Don't know about the hat and tights so good luck with that part....and she is such a beautiful girl, by the way! That costume is precious!

DancesWithLoons
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:56 AM

also if you google what you are looking for and then click over to shop, and organize by price.... that may help, I find a lot of Halloween accessories that way!

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Good point.  I'm in California.  Last year my son was a dinosaur and even though the costume wasn't that warm I had to unzip it because he was so hot!  We were wearing t-shirts and shorts and still pretty warm.

Quoting DancesWithLoons:

Habibti812
Its so cute!! I love that your mom made it and your passing it down!! I think it will work great. Check one of the halloween websites around. I bet they will have tights and wig! She's adorable btw!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squishylove

It looks great!  So adorable.  That's so cool that you get to share your costume with her.  I agree about the white baby hat and you can even take a red ribbon to tie it around her chin or whatever you need to keep it on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)