Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Mexico, Arizona, Southern Colorado Mommas!! please Read!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:20 PM
  • 16 Replies
In March my hubby, myself and our 3 and 4 year old sons are going on vacation!! Whoo-hoo!!

We will be driving from Texas to New Mexico, Arizona and then California, we are also thinking of visiting Colorado.

Just wondering what the typical weather for March is in New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado. (My brother lives in California so I know the weather there)

Oh and if you know of any cool, kid friendly places to visit, let us know!!

Thanks so much!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesmom3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Typical Arizona weather is a bit warm but really nice. Im a az resident: )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YFZMama1019
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Depends on where you plan to travel in CO and NM.  I can suggest Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands in NM.  Colorado Springs has a LOT to do for families.  For beautiful scenery, Northern NM and Southeastern CO for sure.  These are my favorite places :)

YFZMama1019
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Also depending on where you go in NM during March.  We have had our "blizzards" then as well as it being aroun 70.  Colorado is still fairly cool and will need at least long sleeves and light jackets, to even cooler temperatures.

mom2swtboys
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:33 PM
In New Mexico we are visiting my bil in Las Cruces. We have from Marcth 7th-the end of march to visit where ever we want. We want to camp as much as possible too. We love camping!! In Colorado we would love to see the mountains too.

Quoting YFZMama1019:

Depends on where you plan to travel in CO and NM.  I can suggest Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands in NM.  Colorado Springs has a LOT to do for families.  For beautiful scenery, Northern NM and Southeastern CO for sure.  These are my favorite places :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YFZMama1019
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Quoting mom2swtboys:

In New Mexico we are visiting my bil in Las Cruces. We have from Marcth 7th-the end of march to visit where ever we want. We want to camp as much as possible too. We love camping!! In Colorado we would love to see the mountains too.

Quoting YFZMama1019:

Las Cruces is not too far from Carlsbad.  I suggest visiting the caverns. They are amazing.  Ruidoso is a good place for camping.  Also I can't remember where there is a burial for Smoky the Bear :)  The kids may enjoy that.

My FAVORITE drive in the world for CO is from Durango, to Silverton, to Ouray.  Camping is wonderful up there.  Actually going camping in Ouray Labor Day weekend :). 

mom2swtboys
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:40 PM
We arnt sure in Arizona where we are going, we may just drive straight thru, unless we find something we wanna see or do that we just can't pass up. This may be the last time in a long time we have a vacay like this. And the only reason we are doing it is becasue we are moving to Florida in April. So we wanna see my bro in CA and his bro is NM and have a lil fun. Once we are in Florida, we won't know anyone and we will both be in school and dh will be working and I will be homeschooling the boys as well. So we are really wanting to let lose and have a fun, great vacation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WomanWitty
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I thought I replied to this... guess I didn't.

In CO the weather is pretty unpredictable. In March, expect it to be about freezing with below-freezing temps at night. Light snow is probable, blizzard conditions are possible. But it's hard to tell because like I said, it's *really* unpredictable here. We like to say, "If you don't like the weather in CO, wait 5 minutes."

ajtherad
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:44 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth with every one of your replies! lol.

Make sure to stop by Santa Fe, for sure..it's absolutely beautiful. If I think of anything else, I'll come back! =]

Quoting YFZMama1019:

ajtherad
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:45 PM

YES! I LOVE Durango..it's my favorite place in CO, I fell in love with it when I went there for the first time (I was 13). You rock! =]

Quoting YFZMama1019:

My FAVORITE drive in the world for CO is from Durango, to Silverton, to Ouray.  Camping is wonderful up there.  Actually going camping in Ouray Labor Day weekend :). 

DanielleK21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I was an AZ resident for 3 years. Also we just vacationed there this past March. We drove from Green Bay, Wi to Phoenix, AZ When we got to Denver, Co there was a snow storm that left us stuck there for 2 days. We drove through New Mexico it was beautiful. A little chilly but great compared to a snow storm. LOL We had to drive through another sever snow storm in Flagstaff, AZ then we got down out of the mountain to Phoenix, AZ and it was in the 70's the entire time. Although 70's is a little chilly in Phoenix because it is windy and dry so the dry heat makes it feel about 10 degrees cooler. Have fun. We vacationed there from March 6th to March 24th.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)