Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help with my final (just ideas)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so I am working on my final for my intro to security class. we have to pick a target enviroment, ie a business of some sort. Since we have been looking at day cares for my DD I chose to do a day care becaus one we went to screamed unsafe to me. iv never had my kid in day care. the list blow are risks we have to try to prevent from occuring.  anybody ever experienc issues with any of the below topics? and how did you solve them? I think i coverd the liability and info secuirty as well as physcal. but id like other ideas as well.

Countermeasures that take each of the following components of the overall security objective into account:

·         Physical security

·         Information security

·         Personnel security

·         Liability issues

·         Departmental dependencies

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:39 PM

My daughter was in daycare, there were a few issues I had -

Just anyone could walk into her daycare.  There was no doorcode, or key or anything like that. 

The fence in the back was def tall enough to keep little ones fenced in, but not tall enough to keep people from jumping it.

There were times I would make a payment with a personal check and hand it to the director, I would watch her sometimes just set the check down on the front desk when you first walk in, leaving it for anyone to take and gain my routing and account numbers.

I once called then to gain info on my daughters acct. - They just gave it to me.  after the fact I thought to myself that "hm, I wonder if they recognized my voice or if they would just "trust" the person to be who they say they are.  Perhaps a good way to pervent this is either not handing out info on the phone, or each child having a special password in order to gain info . . .

Also, as a liability issue, the playground equipment could've used an update.  - or maybe a downgrade - the playground equipment they had there just seemed too old and too hard for kids ages 6 wks- 5yrs to play on. 

juansmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Thanx! yours sounds like the on we looked at we had the same fense and playground issues and just being able to walk in and out! scary stuff

juansmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:41 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)