Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH, CL, and I

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am looking on CL (Craigslist) first for most of the baby stuff we buy for Karly. I don't personally see the need to buy it ALL brand spanking new. (So don't bash me for being frugal, k?) Anywho. If I had known DS was not the last baby, I would have kept my Medela Advanced Pump In Style breast pump. That thing if you look online, can run anywhere from 250 to 385. I found an ideal one that was barely used (mom couldn't bf after 6 weeks, complications in healing) for 65. I txt DH about it, he finally says yes, but ask if they will go down to 50. *sigh* Ok. I ask. The woman is selling it for her daughter, who bought it new a year ago for 300. She is firm on 65. I am fine, beyond fine with that price. We have the money to spare right now. I am praying he will realize what a great price this is, as the woman herself just saw that others of the exact same pump are selling on CL for 190 or more. Sooo... yeah. Had to...vent? IDK. He just bought me a Wii Blanace Board, but for 65, not the 100 that it normally costs, and I am not asking for a lot right now. Yeah.
And yes, I know a used pump can have sanitation issues, but I get new tubing at the hospital for it, and if you dishwash the attachments, it's safe. :) I already talked to my midwife about buying a used pump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarryRain
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:00 PM
I haven't even mentioned the rainforest bassinet for 55. New, it's 130. The man should be proud of my frugal shopping abilities, and that I am not bitching at him for brand new much more costly stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama32309
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:12 PM
Being a smart shopper is so important!! My hubby got his panties in a bunch one time because I took too long at the grocery store! He was being impatient lol I mean with the coupons and the deals combined and comparing items etc.....it takes longer to pay attention and save money then it does to run in there and grab whatever so after we checked out and he saw how much I saved us lol he was amazed! And I asked him so are you going to keep getting on my case? Should I just stop trying to be smart with our money? he said "no". LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twins9909
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I have a Medela Pump N Style with the backpack bought it for $300 and you can have it for $50.

Barely used. I couldn't use it bc I didn't make enough milk for the twins.

I just want it outta my house. I'm tired of looking at something for $300 and couldn't use it :(

StarryRain
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:28 PM
LOL! I know! I am constantly standing and reading the per oz price and such on tags at the store.
He agreed to the pump, btw. :) And, right as I call the woman to tell her, UPS showed up, and one of my friends who I only know through FB and an online game has sent me a package from Kohl's, with a wipe warmer, a rattle, a pink elephant blanket, and 10 outfits for Karly. I cried. Sobbed. I am still sniffling. Some people...they just bless you beyond belief, ya know???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cole060783
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Good deal... i sold mine on amazon for 150...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:29 PM
I am sorry you couldn't use yours babes! If DH hadn't already agreed to pick this one up in an hour, I would work out shipping info for you, lolz! Ahhhh! I am all giddy right now, forgive me my hyper!

Quoting mom2twins9909:

I have a Medela Pump N Style with the backpack bought it for $300 and you can have it for $50.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twins9909
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Good. Glad he gave in..lol

Quoting StarryRain:

I am sorry you couldn't use yours babes! If DH hadn't already agreed to pick this one up in an hour, I would work out shipping info for you, lolz! Ahhhh! I am all giddy right now, forgive me my hyper!

Quoting mom2twins9909:

momamouse07
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:34 PM
My hubby makes fun of me sometimes for getting excited to find something on sale. I got all of my maternity clothes this time around at 2nd hands stores and hand me downs. So when I said we HAD to buy a carseat new and I came home with a travel system he didn't say anyhing except " you like it? Good I'm glad you found something u liked". Of course it was on sale and I sanely cheap. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I'd say get it before someone else does!

StarryRain
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:41 PM
I think DH is skeered. LOL! I will do my best to refrain from showing him every new things she just got in the mail. But a gf better come over soon, so I can gush. You KNOW how hard it is not to ohh and aww over new baby things!! He is not a fan though. LOL! He always is working on a new design for a shirt order or something, and clothes are just clothes to him, ya know???
MEN!

Quoting momamouse07:

My hubby makes fun of me sometimes for getting excited to find something on sale. I got all of my maternity clothes this time around at 2nd hands stores and hand me downs. So when I said we HAD to buy a carseat new and I came home with a travel system he didn't say anyhing except " you like it? Good I'm glad you found something u liked". Of course it was on sale and I sanely cheap. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)