Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you serious? (her father)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

On Sunday night at 7pm my almost 6 year old sliced open her chin and we had to take her to the hospital....on the way I told her that when we got there I would need to call her father and she told me no she didnt want to see him until the doctors fixed her wound. So she didnt get her stitches until 11:30pm and I wasnt going to call him then so I waited until Monday morning, I called his Girlfriend (the only number I had for him) no answer I left a message "This is about Ella not an emergency but very important" about 30 minutes later he texts me  saying "blah blah this is my cell I heard you called I'm in class whats up?"  I respond with "She had to get stitches last night she is fine now and at school"  ...............That was it  he never responded never called me or her  I just don't get it.

breastfeeding,6 month

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama32309
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:44 PM
That's just mean :( He should've called her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Littlebaer
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:45 PM

what a jerk!

megdwalls
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:48 PM
What is with men? Nothing is important to them sheesh.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megdwalls
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:48 PM
What is with men? Nothing is important to them sheesh.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:50 PM

they made you wait 4 hrs to get your little girls stitches?!

MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:50 PM

You didnt tell your Dd that he didnt respond did you?  it would probably really hurt her feelings

MaKennaMama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:51 PM

My DD's father has done something close to this several times. When she was first born he was never there and we were at the dr everyday for 4 days and he didn't even care. I'm sorry you and her are having to deal with this, it's no fun!!!

MarriedJess
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Quoting MelaniesMama:

You didnt tell your Dd that he didnt respond did you?  it would probably really hurt her feelings

yep it only took us 20 minutes to get there we were in the waiting room forever

no she doesnt even know i called him at all  i dont want to hurt her with that

breastfeeding,6 month

Britti210
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:56 PM

a friend of mine just did this but it was the other way around their son had a temp (it was 102) and he is a 1st time daddy so he got really nervous & brought him to the ER (like I said 1st time daddy he was scared - understandable) well he couldn't get ahold of his ex gf at all so he had to go by himself and then pay for the visit with the money he had just made the night before from a DJing job - i felt so bad, what kind of mother just ignores phone calls from their baby's father esp knowing the baby was sick that day! Some ppl just were not meant to have children! *siiigh*

Another friend went to the ER one night because her sons breathing was really off like he was wheezing coughing and just wasn't acting right so she calls her boyfriend and says where she is going (mind you she doesn't drive so she had to get a cab & go by herself) he basically tells her how much he hates hospitals and if it's not a life or death situation then he isn't coming...

are ya freakin kidding me?! Some people!

MIMIBRIE
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:56 PM

The girls dads gf used to do that. Its so sad when they cant get it thru their minds that you dont want your ex back. That the only reason you call is for your child. I made it clear that I would not be trying to track him down if there were ever an emergency bc he cant grow up or stand up for his kids enough to give me a good contact number. The most you can do is try which you did. The thing that sucks the most is its the kids that get hurt the most..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)