Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have one 2yr old daughter, Hubby wants to get "fixed" so I don't have to be on BC.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:45 PM
  • 32 Replies

So here's the deal, Hubby & I have been together since we were 17, married at 18 & now have a 2 year old daughter. We are both almost 21. Hubby is happy with his Princess & doesn't want any more...I would like one more. If we do try again, it won't be for another few years because of school among other things but neither of us want me to have to be on Birth Control because of the effects it has on me. I have had  the Mirena IUD for 2 years now, it's the only BC I've ever had, and I loved it, up until recently...I have been having horrible migrains, moodiness & acne breakouts, I'm assuming from the Hormones and I don't wanna try tons of different forms of BC...I guess I just want some opinions on the matter...I would like to have another baby, but I am also happy with just our daughter and would love to not have to be on BC. My only worry is what if my 21 year old hubby gets snipped and then later on we regret it? Ughh lots to think & talk about...prob should talk to my doc too. Thanks in advance for anyone who replies!!! = )

H*e*a*t*h*e*r

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juansmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:49 PM

i had a hysterectomy (tubes tied before that. I love my kiddos and am so grateful to have them, thought i was done done and now wish i could have more. sinc eyou married i would have him just use a condom I know its not full proof but i regret my hcoice. i know hed be the one getting it done but its the same deal

Miss-B
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I wouldn't let him get snipped....y'all are still young. I would wait.

Brianav
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:53 PM
Are you sure it's the Mirena that's causing the migraines and stuff?

Y'all are still so young. I would wait. Use condoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherib82
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:53 PM

it can be undone if you want to have another baby down the road. I had my tubes done and if I would have known I would bleed every other week I wouldn't have done it and had my hubs get snipped. He feels so bad that I am bleeding all the time. I talked to my dr and he sad it could happen. Wow doc didn't think you needed to tell me that. kinda pissed about that if you can't tell. I would have loved to have had a third but we can't afford to.  We both work fulltime and still struggle, thats life though right.

crazyangel_52
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:55 PM

u should wait to have him fixed for another few years.

prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:57 PM

i was 23 and he was 31 when he got snipped. we have one son who is just now 1.5. the doc told us it can be reversible but don't bank on it. you can always get some swimmers frozen if you arent completely sure

tinkerbellbay
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:59 PM

it you want more you should not do this have you tried spermicide it works well

mom2swtboys
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:01 PM
I would use condoms, its true, yall are still young.

Quoting Miss-B:

I wouldn't let him get snipped....y'all are still young. I would wait.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelaniesMama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:02 PM

i think you have to be 25 to get 'snipped'?

Brianav
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Where do you buy spermicide? I have tried looking in walmart but I didnt see any...

Quoting tinkerbellbay:

it you want more you should not do this have you tried spermicide it works well

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)