Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthing through the natural canal fading?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 45 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you prefer?

Options:

cesarean

natural birth

both

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 97

View Results

Okay, ladies. I hope your week is starting right. I have one discussion that has come to mind and has been bothering me lately. I have completed my dream set of two boys, but I am longing for a girl. I have 10 nieces and two nephews. My sisters wanted boys, but were blessed with girls instead. And now they are 'pressuring' me to have a girl. I think it is hilarious, actually. What chances of me having a girl for my next pregnancy? My DH is 3 out of an all 3 boy family and HIS pops was 11 out of a 15 all boy family and so on and so on. So, what are the chances, huh?

So, I also had the thought about giving birth through the birth canal. Everybody on my side of the family has given birth through the birth canal, but all of the women on my DH's side had C-sections or will have C-sections. And I am considering having one. I don't see the difference from a natural birth and a C-section when it comes to after birth. My MIL endlessly enjoys tormenting me about her afterbirth pains and I had after pains with my 2nd son via natural birth. But, giving birth is one of the most amazing spectacles of life I would awe and cherish. I see celebrities chose C-sections and more and more people have been making this choice for years, so I am wondering: Is giving birth through the naturally getting old and fading? I think it is safer for the mom and baby/ babies, what do you think?  Disagree? 

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM

i chose c-sec only because that is the only experience i have had and therefore am happy knowing what to expect. it still hurts, the healing is longer but after my last experience of trying to go natural i think ill just schedule if i ever have another one.

tarinnam
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:30 PM
i think natural is safer and would only do csection if neccessary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
l_to_the_e
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:31 PM

i've only had cesarean because my son had a massive birth defect and natural would have killed him. i wanted to have natural birth. i don't know what it is like from experience, so i can't say i prefer one over the other... but given my druthers, i'd prefer no needles, no scalpels, no catheters. 

mommyjenn84
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM
I think in most cases natural is safer. Though I couldnt and have to have cs im very saddened by the fact that I cant do natural. I actually feel like less of a women because of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I had a planned c-section and had a great experience. 

I will have another one in December. 

I dont' have a natural experience to compare it to, but it was fine for me.

KZ_MoMmA
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I had a vaginal birth with my son. I did use epidural. With this next baby, i will hopefully be having a vaginal again, but planning against the epidural. I could have done it without!

C section scares me, because it is a major surgery. i hope to never have surgery

activitymode
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:37 PM

People who opt for a c-section for reasons like I don't wanna get all loose down there (you won't), or I don't want it to hurt, etc, are all DUMBASSES!

I've had 2 vaginal births and 1 c-section.  I will pick the natural way over a section anyday. 

Love_My_Leah
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I had a natural birth and there is no way on earth I would EVER choose a c-section unless it was totally medically necessary.

Simple-Beauty
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:48 PM
I wouldn't want a c-section outside of medical necessity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiDyedSunriseLZ
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Quoting Love_My_Leah:

I had a natural birth and there is no way on earth I would EVER choose a c-section unless it was totally medically necessary.

Ditto. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)