• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice on how to cope with this... UPDATE IN RED!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

Okay the other day I was rushed to the ER because I was having severe cramps and was bleeding. (Not supposed to be bleeding yet) Well the hospital did a lot of tests and blood work. The doctor came in about an hour and a half of being there and asked me to lay down. She started pressing on my stomach and asking me questions like "Does it feel like labor pains?" I said it sometimes feels like contractions but I'm not pregnant. She leaves the room and about an hour later the nurse comes and says I am getting discharged when my IV is done. Well by the time I got released I was so tired that I went home and went to bed. Well my bf wakes me up a few hours later and says we  need to talk. I thought he was breaking up with me. He hands me the paperwork from the hospital and in big letters it say "Threatened Miscarriage". I was never told that I was pregnant or anything. So of course I'm freaking out. I went to the hospital and asked them to look at my records and tell me the results of the pregnancy test. It was positive. 

Well since I went to the hospital the bleeding has stopped but I'm still in pain and I am very sick to my stomach. Is there an easy way to deal with the thought of losing this baby? I have wanted this baby for so long and now I found out that I'm pregnant because I am having complications. I don't think I have ever prayed this hard for anything in my life. I don't really have anyone to talk to because he doesn't want to tell anyone in case we lose it. I understand that but I am losing my mind. He is in the Army and could be deploying very soon and I am completely terrified. I don't want to lose this baby and then he gets deployed. I can't lose both of them and I really don't know what to do! I am sorry that this is so long but I really need a friend right now! BTW I'm only about 4 weeks along!

On October 9th, 2010 we lost our baby. We were 6 weeks 3 days

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Khis_Ma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:03 AM
So sorry!!! Hugs!!! Just try and relax.. That's the best thing you can do!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lust2dust
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:07 AM

I'm trying to relax, I really am but I just feel awful. I have lost a pregnancy before and I really don't want to go through that again! I just keep praying that my baby continues to get stronger. My bf is trying to stay strong for me, but it is kinda hurting me. He keeps saying that everything will be okay. But what if it's not okay? He keeps telling me that he loves me and he will do whatever he can to be there for me but I just want him to actually be here, but he has to work and I am at my house alone and I'm frustrated...

Quoting Khis_Ma:

So sorry!!! Hugs!!! Just try and relax.. That's the best thing you can do!!

Muppet2010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:10 AM

I am so hon, I will keep you i my prayers. I understand how you feel I had a threatened miscarriage September of last year although mine ended in a miscarriage. I didnt stop bleeding like you though so just keep calm dont stress yourself and lots of bed rest. My sister had a threatened misscarriage all the way through her pregnancy so sometimes it works out for the better. If you do miscarry there is no specific way to deal with it, that is something you will have to figure out on your own. It is difficult but miscarrying is your bodys nature way of aborting something that wasnt meant to be. Most miscarriages happen because the egg attached wrong or because of chromosomal abnormalities. I know what your thinking, that really doesnt matter when you have wanted it for so long. We tried for almost a yr to get pregnant, i took the pregnancy test and it was the happiest day of my life but also the saddest two hrs later i began to miscarry. It was hard but i figured it just wasnt meant to be. Then two months later i got pregnant with my now 1 month old son. So things work out. Pls keep us updated. I wish you the best i will pray for you...*HUGS*

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
lust2dust
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Thank you so much! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I just keep holding on to one more day! I guess that's all I can do for now.

Quoting Muppet2010:

I am so hon, I will keep you i my prayers. I understand how you feel I had a threatened miscarriage September of last year although mine ended in a miscarriage. I didnt stop bleeding like you though so just keep calm dont stress yourself and lots of bed rest. My sister had a threatened misscarriage all the way through her pregnancy so sometimes it works out for the better. If you do miscarry there is no specific way to deal with it, that is something you will have to figure out on your own. It is difficult but miscarrying is your bodys nature way of aborting something that wasnt meant to be. Most miscarriages happen because the egg attached wrong or because of chromosomal abnormalities. I know what your thinking, that really doesnt matter when you have wanted it for so long. We tried for almost a yr to get pregnant, i took the pregnancy test and it was the happiest day of my life but also the saddest two hrs later i began to miscarry. It was hard but i figured it just wasnt meant to be. Then two months later i got pregnant with my now 1 month old son. So things work out. Pls keep us updated. I wish you the best i will pray for you...*HUGS*

Okigurl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:51 AM

((Hugs)) Ok, heres my story: I found out I was pregnant with my daughter and then my husband left on deployment. A week later I started bleeding and cramping. Went to the ER, they told me threatned miscarriage. I cried all night and prayed so hard. My doctor called me the next day and told me to come in.. She told me that when you are pregnant and you have any cramps and/or bleeding they say threatned miscarriage, doesnt mean you will just means they are saying you can. Well I found out I had a small whole in the small sack with the baby and thats why the problems and guess what my daughter is now 17 months! The ER doctors were so mean and scary to me and apparently they do this alot and scare you. I will be praying for you and your baby.

cmiller83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:55 AM
Stressing for sure is gonna cause more problems so just relax and try to chill.

Here is my line of thinking..if you miscarry, it was meant to be and you WILL get through it. In the mean time do everything you can to prevent a miscarriage which means, relax!! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winterbaby10
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)