Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is wrong with people these days?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM
  • 22 Replies
I swear people get ruder everyday.Im about to give up going to walmart alltogether bec of people being stupid. Case in point...went grocery shopping last night and I started down an isle when I saw a man in a wheelchair ,all alone,using a product to knock another one off the shelf bec he couldnt reach it. By the time I got to him FOUR people looked at him and walkd on by without helping! I was SOOO angry and he was such a sweet man who thankd me again and again.I just cant believe people can be this way thats why my dh refuses to go grocery shoppin bec of the stupid people!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MelissasMommy08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM
People are always in to big or a hurry or worries about them selves to help other people!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM

People are horrible and selfish this day in time. Kudos to you for helping him:0) I saw a lady at walmart yesterday, knocked a loaf a bread off the shelf as she was getting a loaf, she just kicked it over to the side. I walked up behind her picked it up and put it back on the shelf..I mean really how hard was it to do that!

bellableu87
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Ha its even better when you do it in front of them and make a comment-did that b4 too

Quoting lenoxclan:

People are horrible and selfish this day in time. Kudos to you for helping him:0) I saw a lady at walmart yesterday, knocked a loaf a bread off the shelf as she was getting a loaf, she just kicked it over to the side. I walked up behind her picked it up and put it back on the shelf..I mean really how hard was it to do that!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karowyn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:36 AM

people really are just totally out for themselves a lot of the time.  Whatever happened to "southern hospitality'...that doesn't have to be a tradition found only in the south a hundred years ago!!

sweettigeress
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:46 AM

It's not that they're trying to be rude...most people in wheel chairs don't want people to take pitty on them or want anyone's help. However, I would have asked if he needed help. I'm just saying, a lot of people don't want others pitty. 

cmiller83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Yea...I would have asked for help, I think it's kinda rude to just walk by....

luckychance1985
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM

People these days... really? That's just sad. 

LCG83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Aww poor guy. Invasion sucker for helping people
I'm either asked to help or volunteer it. It bugs me how callous some people can be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Aww poor guy. Invasion sucker for helping people
I'm either asked to help or volunteer it. It bugs me how callous some people can be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM
True. There is this man in a wheelchair who comes in the gas station where I work and he gets mad if u even hold open the door for him. You could be comimg in with a bunch of people and held the door open for all them and he is right behind u and if u try to hold the door open he either says i can get it or gives u a hateful look. Its not that ur pitying him ur just being as polite to him as u were to everyone else and he will get offended. Also u cant look at him other than when hes paying cuz he hates pple to stare at him. Itd be a good excuse for someone wanting to steal things. Get a wheelchair and fake having to have it complain pple are staring and steal when they turn their back. Sorry for being cynical but im the person tired of being polite and getting bitched at for helping. Maybe ask if they need assistance. But there is no way im gonna just grab something for someone to help them w out their permission to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)