Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My good deed for the year!!! LOL

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM
  • 7 Replies

I was talking to my brother yesterday. They had to cancel their newborns doctor appt. because they didn't have transportation for it. Brother has also been looking for a job near home, so he can support his own family. I decided to give(yes give)him our second car!

He is suppose to hopefully get someone to drive him here(4hrs away)this week to get it. He cried!

He is putting it in his girlfriends name(which I like, because if he goes south again(drugs)he won't be able to take the car from gf)this week:0)

My only worry is, mil has to sign the transfer form. Even though we COMPLETELY paid for the car(5yrs in payments, been paid off a yr)mil got it in her name, because we couldn't get it approved with no down payment in our name.

I am worried mil will be mad we just gave it away. I told my brother he has to change over the title within 2wks, because mil will be on my butt until it is out of her name. I am keeping the insurance on it for 2wks so he can get it turned over. Then he is getting insurance in gf's name and adding uninsured drivers. It would be cheaper than adding his name because he has a REALLY bad record(tickets)...

It felt like the right thing to do. I remember when my oldest was a baby and our car broke and my mil and fil gave us a extra car they had(not same car)and I wanted to pay it forward, so to say!

Hopefully he will continue to turn his life around and giving him this car is a step in that direction:0) Plus now, I know the baby will get what she needs.

The car is OLD but runs fine(we took real good care of it)but the air needs work. One of the fans is out so it over heats if you use the AC but the heater works fine:0) It has one window(passenger front)that doesn't have a roll down handle, so you have to use your hands..lol and the radio got stolen last yr, so he will have to sing to his self.. LOL

But, other than that, it is a GREAT car! It has been a yr since we made a 4hr drive on it, but as long as he doesn't use the air, he should be fine:0)

I feel really good. Hope mil doesn't give me grief:0)

save the date

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BlkWingedAngel
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM
I would give her a heads up on it that way she knows its coming other than that I don't think she will mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelissasMommy08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM
Me and my dh did that for his brother one time!! They have 2 kids and we gave them a car. That was about 4yrs ago. They are now living with us and have NO car. They only kept the car about a year it tore up and they trashed it. They got real bad in drugs. They are cleaned up and just trying to get on there feet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlMama0508
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Thats Awesome!!!! Great job girl...hey Im sure he will look at it, the way I would...it gets me from point A to point B....

lenoxclan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Gf doesn't do drugs, I don't know what she saw in brother honestly..LOL I know that sounds bad. She is a good kid with a good head on her shoulders. That is why I am happy it's being put in her name. Brother seems to be cleaning up his act, due to having a baby. But, you never know..lol Now if he goes south, the car will be hers.

My parents gave him a car a couple yrs ago, and he sold it for drugs.. He is in a lot of crap due to drugs, on probation. So, hopefully that and this baby keeps him off. He has been drug free for about 3mths now. Gf let him move in w/her when he got off them, she is VERY strict, he does him, he is out!!!!

Quoting MelissasMommy08:

Me and my dh did that for his brother one time!! They have 2 kids and we gave them a car. That was about 4yrs ago. They are now living with us and have NO car. They only kept the car about a year it tore up and they trashed it. They got real bad in drugs. They are cleaned up and just trying to get on there feet.

save the date

lenoxclan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Yeah, I am going to let her know, and I told him he HAS to get the title tranferred within 2wks or she will take the car. They signed the title over to me when we paid it off. But, we never got and signed a transfer form, and we never signed the titled, so now they have to sign the transfer to him.

Title was never dated when they signed, so he won't have to worry about being charged extra.:0)

Quoting BlkWingedAngel:

I would give her a heads up on it that way she knows its coming other than that I don't think she will mind.

save the date

wildsun
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Wow, that is a year's worth I think! Awesome sister you are!

JMKristy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Well, if you MIL is upset you are giving him the car, remind her of your situation a few years ago! That is very nice of you to give him the car!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)