Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am applying for a manager position!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM
  • 7 Replies

I work at a restaurant. I have some seniority bc I have worked at 3 locations now. Anyway, the thought of being a manager there hadnt really even crossed my mind. When I started there is was the end of October and I wanted to make some money to help with Christmas. Then we moved and I transferred to this location. The past few weeks the hourly manager (same postition I am applying for) has been making comments that she thinks I would do a good job in that position. She is actually higher up and does a lot of the training as well.

So I talked to another hourly manager about it and she suggested talking to the boss. I tried to call yesterday but since we dont open until 4 she wasnt in. When I called at 3 the other manager said to call back at 8:30 when the dinner crowd had come and gone. So I decided to go up there and talk to her in person. My boss said she didnt realize I would be interested in the position (I think bc I only work weekends right now), but that I am good employee and she thinks I would do a great job. So the regional guy is gonna email me the application, then I will interview with him or one of the people directly under him, and we will go from there. From application to trained and on the floor will be about 2 months.

Even if I get denied, I am glad I put myself out there. If I get it, the management experience will look great on my resume. And considering I want to open a bakery one day, staying in the food service industry is the best thing to do.

This isnt definite, I know, but I think I have a good chance. And I am excited to see what happens next!!!

P.S. I will still be waiting tables about half the time as well. I dont want to miss out on the money from the holiday season!!!

~Heather~ Mom to Brittney (12-12-05) and step mom to Liz (12-28-04) and Brandon (7-28-99).

Check out my sweet treats photobucket: http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/sweettreats05/

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
littlemissmj
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Good luck!!

lenoxclan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Awesome! Good luck!

JMKristy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Good luck!!!!!!!!

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Sweet! Good luck :)

cmiller83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Good luck!

orange4agua72
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM

GOOD LUCK!!! Being a manager at a restuarant is HARD work, but I ALWAYS LOVED IT!!!

Melissa6705
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)