• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too Many Text & Drive!!! SO/PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:25 AM
  • 13 Replies

Too many of you are texting and driving and I am glad that you admit to what you do but you have no idea how dangerous this is!!! You need to think about more than just yourself! You need to think about everyone involved because your not just risking innocent strangers but possibly your parents, siblings, or friends but your own husband with your child in the car going the opposite direction. You have no idea how easy how quick it is to cross a line. You  have no idea how a 30 mph crash can do so much damnage let alone FASTER! You could harm your own family your friends even strangers and more so probably yourself. Can you live with that type of guilt? Is your text so important that it would be worth that guilt or worth their lives or worth your own life? Really?

When you say 'I wish I could stop' do you ever stop and think you have the power to stop. To turn off the phone whiel your in the car? To put it in the trunk of the car with your purse if you choose to do the right thing? Put it some where you can not reach at all while driving for the sake of all these people?

And I knwo most of you are saying 'whos this women to tell us what to do' I'm the women who got in a car accident because a teen decided they wanted to do what they wanted to do and got my arm broken in 2 places because of it. I'm the women who's son was in the car and husband was bruised all over. This teen made a descion to simply pull out in front of us and we were going 30mph. Different situation but until you've been in it and I'm sure some of you have you will NEVER realize the power and the weapon that your car is. Never understand how a happy fun beautiful day turns into a tragic day that kills me every time I think about it. That has ripped my life apart because of the stress and daily fight with myself because of what happened because of it. I had to go threw months of not being able to use my hand AT ALL it just didn't work and they had NO idea if it would ever work again. Now I have severe PTSD. All from a 30mph crash.

Don't put yourself in this situation if you don't have to! Why would you put yourself in this situation!? Thats why its my business because your putting my fellow CM'ers in jeapody. Your putting my family my friends my life your life your families lives and some day we may hear you posting about how you just didn't listen when you heard the warning becuase it wasn't important to you then and now you see the error of your ways and its too late.

Please...watch this....

For the Record I hate this show....but honestly he tells it like it is to this girl and you need to know just becuase you think your 'good' at it doesn't mean your not risking other people and your not putting yoru own selfish twisted needs FIRST. How about you put my life and other CM'ers lives first. What if you were CM'ing and found out you hit someone who was also on CM and that you killed one of her children? Or what if you hit your mother or father or friend? What if you killed your teenage son who was goign the opposite way as you? Low chance but why take that chance? WHY? And I'm sorry but a lot of you sound like this teen - STOP making excuses and saying it won't happen to you or that your good at texting you'll never know how good you aren't until someone is badly hurt or possibly dead.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stevynjjsmoma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:27 AM

BUMP! agree!!!

Pregnancy%20ticker

aydansmomma04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM

AGREE!!!! Texting and driving is DANGEROUS!

rosemagic01
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Glad I'm not alone!

DylansMom213
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Agreed!

_NinaBean_
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:42 AM

i honestly hate  when i see people texting and driving..

lenoxclan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM

BUMP!

aydansmomma04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Okay- I went and read the orignal post that this one is a spin off of. OMG people! That is scary that so many people do this and don't think twice about it...

rosemagic01
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Thats why I did the spin off I was shocked at how many people do this and I figured showing them a video that I posted that seemed to be looked over and then to put some personal info into it about what happened to my family would at least make people a little more aware of how bad it truly is! If I can at least make a few people see then it will at least have been worth it but I don't think I'll reach that many. =\ Sad but true people feel they have the right to do whatever they want no matter what could happen to others.

Quoting aydansmomma04:

Okay- I went and read the orignal post that this one is a spin off of. OMG people! That is scary that so many people do this and don't think twice about it...

arose74
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I completely agree!! People think nothing will ever happen to them. They have the "I drive better when I'm drunk" mentality. It drives me crazy when people text and drive. I was in the car with an old friend leaving a funeral and she was driving 80mph on the freeway while texting. I started to inform her of the dangers and she flat out said "I don't give I f**k".... ya! I never talked to that chick again.

myloves070810
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I can't STAND people who text and drive.

A couple of years ago a man was texting and driving and hit a school bus. It exploded and a very very good friend of our family was killed, she was only 15. A bunch more kids were injured. Another friend of my sister was killed at only 17 by a guy who was texting and driving. Her friend was walking to school and the guy ran him over. Didn't even stop. I know way too many people who have been injured/killed by people that were texting or talking on their phone rather than paying attention to the road.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)