Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o on kissing kids

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM
  • 15 Replies
i read the kissing kids on the mouth post and got to thinking....would you allow your child to do what i do?

Let me explain....my bff and i have been friends for 10+ years...we met in middle school. We've fought and cried together...we've been supportive through thick and thin with each other weather we really agreed with the decision made or not. She's been a sister to me and i love her as one. We've also raised our children around/knowing each other. Mine call her Aunt and her's call me Aunt. So when we get together and then leave our children....all fairly close in age hug and occassionally kiss each others cheeks. We have 6 kids between us, both expecting our 4th, and my dd is the only girl. So she is kissing boys.

Would you allow your children to kiss on the cheek, someone of the opposite gender that has no actual relation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Like in my last post, this is normal in Middle Eastern culture. DD kisses all her "Amu's"  and 'Khalte's" on the lips even!

Melissa6705
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

How old is your DD?

DylansMom213
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Sure, why not? One of my best friends has a little girl that is right at a year older than my son and they kiss each other on the lips all the time. They're 2 1/2 and 1 1/2. My son will also kiss my friend on the lips too. I don't see an issue with it at all.

vegepunkstr
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I still kiss my grandpa on the lips. I dont see what all the fuss about kissing on the lips is.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

lilahsmommie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM

They arent tounging each other! I dont see why any of this is an issue?!

LyTe684
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Sure. There's nothing wrong with kissing family or close friends on the cheek.

dababiesdreams
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM
she's 5...bff's oldest is 9 mo younger.

Quoting Melissa6705:

How old is your DD?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildsun
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I don't guess I'd have a problem with it. DS is 2 but I don't think he's ever tried to kiss another kid. Maybe my 6 yo sister a few times but that's it. 

Mrs-Atkinson
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Umm.. Yeah. Why not?

kenietta2009
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Well...I guess it depends on the age. My 18 month old loves to kiss little playmates and give hugs too. I laugh or joke and tell her not to be kissin that boy! But I don't see anything wrong with it. Plus I have people that grew up with me as unofficial or unrelated cousins and to me they are still family to this day. So I guess I'm saying that whether or not they are related by blood isn't so much of the issue, it's more the age of the child that determines how appropriate it is. The more innocent the age the less you have to worry about it. As the child gets older that will change, but I think you're worrying over nothing. Kids have a way of limiting the affection they give or receive as they grow. It's not necessarily something you have to enforce yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)