Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Checking his email/FB/Myspace . . .

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM
  • 66 Replies

I see more and more on CM that women check their husbands email, FB's, Myspace, text messages  . . . . All types of stuff. 

Just wondering if you do it, and what the reasoning for it is?

Personally, I wonder if a lot of husbands/S.O's are even aware of that this "checking" goes on. 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Nope. No reason to. DH thinks social networking sites are lame. I have FB, but he doesn't check it. We don't even share email passwords! Why? Bc we have trust... And lives lmao!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I go on his Facebook all the time to send myself gifts on games and to see some family pics (I do not add men on my facebook, so I look at his male cousins pics)
If there is a message, I check it because he never goes on his facebook, I don't want his family to think he is ignoring him.

NotUrMama72
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I used to check his fb and texts because he was talking to another girl via text and I found the texts he'd sent her. (he forgot to delete the outbox) I found them because I had a bad dream and woke up knowing I had to look... did.. and caught him. It wasn't anything too serious but enough to make him earn my trust again. He knew that I occasionally looked at his phone. As for his FB... I'm the only one that goes on it. lol I add pics of the family and change his status if there's something big going on. He doesn't care. We both know all our passwords for everything and leave our cellphones out all the time. He can look at any of my stuff anytime and vice versa. We don't anymore but we can if we want. 

stevens_mom2008
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM

i do it but thats cause he forgets his passwords half the time (he has short term memory loss & TBI)

DylansMom213
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM

No I don't really do that at all. Sometimes I get on my husband's Facebook for him, but he always knows about it and what I'm doing....like the other day he was working really late, it was 11:30 at night and it was his favorite uncle's birthday, so I got on his page and sent his uncle a happy birthday. I told him I did it too, and my husband's response was, "Oh cool, thanks for doing that!" But I never do it unless it's something like that.

GiannasMommy06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

nope i have no reason to..i trust him plus we are on each other's facebook page all the time..he knows my passwords and i know his because we have nothing to hide from one another..now with my ex-husband it was a different story..he was a cheater and was always making new myspace pages to "pretend" he was single and was using it to talk to other women so hell yeah i checked it..thank god i did..i used the info i found on there against him in court..oh happy day for me!..lol

nerdymom28
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Nope I don't check my SO's sites.  I'm not his mother, it's none of my business.  I don't want to be his ruler/regulator, I want to be his partner.  It's like when my mom used to go through my cell phone as a teenager.  He's a grown man he can do what he wants and I trust him.

Brianne036
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM
No. Never. I had a former relationship where I felt the need and I'll never go back to that constant stress

we do however swap phones all the time. Like if mine is almost dead he'll keep mine and I'll take his with me to town while he charges mine at home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegepunkstr
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM

No I trust my husband completely but I do have his passwords because sometimes he will ask me to check on something.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

christine.r2624
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM
I used to because I caught him swapping inappropriate pics w/ a girl he used to work with. He ended up deleting his accounts over it and had her number blocked from our account.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)