Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to send or not to send?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

my oldest DD is in Kindergarten.  the last day or two she has had a cough - she's not coughing constantly but when she starts to cough she coughs a few times.  other than this cough she seems fine - i asked her if she feels ok and she says she does - i asked her if her throat hurts and she says no - she doesn't have a fever - she is acting normal. 

do you think it's ok to send her to school? other than this cough ever little bit she seems fine to me but i don't want to get in trouble for sending her.....

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I would send her if it's just a cough and NO other symptoms.

miller060905
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM

yea it's JUST a cough... she doesn't even have a runny nose... nothing but the cough!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I would send her if it's just a cough and NO other symptoms.

ambermarie2006
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I would send her. My kids get a cough when the weather starts to change, it never fails. They all woke up yesterday morning with a cough, and it usually lasts a few days. If she's not running a fever, I would send her.

datssumsheet

I would send her.  As long as thats all it is its fine.

BlkWingedAngel
With just a cough I would send her, no fever means its not contagious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojomommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I would take her to school 

Melissa6705

Yes, She just has a cough. You won't get in trouble for sending her unless she has a fever or is throwing up.

juansmommy

I would send her! i had a similar issue, but he got worse so thats when i kept him home. id send her unless she is ill and is going to subject other kids to it:)

littlemissmj

Yes I would send her. I'm not sure why you're asking, really. If she's not sick enough to see a doctor than she's well enough to go to school, IMO.

miller060905
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM

okay - thanks mamas.  i just didn't want to be that mom that sends her kids to school sick.  she's acting totally normal though so i don't think she's sick sick.  normally if she is sick she sleeps til noon and does nothing but lay on the couch all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)