Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think it's time I got some motivation to lose this weight

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

So I've been saying I want to get back to my prepregnancy weight since right after I had DS.  That was 4 years ago.  I gained about 50 pounds when I had DS and after I had him, I was doing quite well.  I had lost almost 30 lbs and was working on the last 20.  Sadly, I ended up going through a lot of stress and the BC I was on didn't help any, either.  I went off the BC over a year ago and have said I want to start trying to lose the weight again(I gained about 15 pounds back), but haven't had the motivation.  I've been suffering from no energy and insomnia and it just makes me want to sit around all say and do nothing. 

I have gone out walking a little bit and have tried watching what I eat a little better, but it's not enough.  I just recently got some exercise DVDs, but the one I can't even keep up with.  I'm out of breath within the first 5 minutes.  I definitely want to keep trying because I cannot stand how disgusting I look and feel(my opinions of myself are what matter to me right now.  If I can't love how I look/feel, then it's time for change), but it's really hard.  So I thought maybe if I posted here, I could maybe have some of you ladies cheer me on or keep me motivated by asking for updates or something.  I should probably invest in a scale, too.  lol.  Oh, and according to the BMI calculator, my BMI is 27.  :(

Here are some pics I took today:

Me with clothes on(I tend to hide the weight pretty well)

Yes, I had undies on.  lol.  It's just a weird shot, I guess.

Better shot of the weight I need to lose.

From the back. 

From the side.

Just looking at these pics makes me disgusted.  *sigh*  Who wants to keep me motivated in losing this weight?

Small edit: apparently I need to lose just 13 lbs to bring my BMI back down to normal.  However, if I want to be my pre pregnancy weight, I need to lose about 35 lbs.  Wish me luck!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicut
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Please don't get discouraged. Do you have a diet and exercise plan? Do you currently exercise at all? If not, start small by walking more and more each day and then begin incorporating some light weights and strength training. As for diet, eat whole grains and lots and lots of veggies, with some fruits. I wish you the BEST of luck!!!

jazztastic
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I don't really have a plan, but I do exercise sometimes.  If it's nice out, DS and I walk.  If not, I just do some stair stepping in my house or use my DVDs, but they're hard to keep up with.  Thank you for the luck.  :)

Quoting Jessicut:

Please don't get discouraged. Do you have a diet and exercise plan? Do you currently exercise at all? If not, start small by walking more and more each day and then begin incorporating some light weights and strength training. As for diet, eat whole grains and lots and lots of veggies, with some fruits. I wish you the BEST of luck!!!

AidensMommy021
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I so know how you feel i was wondering how to get myself motivated to i want to love how i look i want to feel good so i understand where you are comming from, my son is 7 months old almost 8 and it has been very hard i want to fit into my prepregnancy cloths but its so had when there are so meny other things to do. i have found if you pick a certin time of day like after dinner and go walking everyday at the same time that helps but you have to combind eating well and doing excercises like crunches and things like that im not sure how to motivate you tho if you find a work out buddy that may help....

mopargurl
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

i feel the exact same way you do. i just took pics of myself and my meausurements put them in a binder. i am starting the p90x workout on monday in hopes it will get me back into shape. i'm guilty of being lazy in the afternoon, its between work and when the kids come home from school so i just chill on the couch. in the morning and evening i take the dog for a walk and play with the girls but thats about it for "exercise".  maybe we can help motivate each other, keep each other accountable for working out.

miller060905
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

i don't know about you - but i am horrible when it comes to the DVDs or inside exercise equipment - it's way too easy to get tired and just say "eh - forget it, i'm done for the day" i have to go outside to get any real exercise..... if you just walk til you can't walk anymore - then turn around and walk home.  or find a good loop to do and make yourself do the whole thing.  as for bad weather - get a rain cover for your stroller and bundle your LO up when it's cold or rainy and keep going!  Good luck mama!  You can do it!  I have just finally gotten motivated to start exercising again to try and lose weight from after my last child (3 1/2 yrs ago) except i've slowly been putting more on over that time and am currently only 2 lbs less than i was the day i went into labor!  yikes!  i've got about 30 lbs to lose!

ikesmommy200
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I've just started to lose the weight, but first I gained it.  I only gained 24lbs when I was pregnant, so I thought it'd be easy.  I nursed too and I heard that helped cuz it burns cals, but I was just famished and tired all the time (too much of my iron was going out and I got anemic), so I put on 10 lbs, and now I'm almost the same weight I was at like 7 or 8 months pregnant.

Anyway, keep a food dairy, you'd be surprised how much you're probably eating and don't even know it.  And measure portions.  I got a pedometer, too, you're supposed to try for 10,000 steps a day.  Any the other thing is, you will start to catch on to the videos, just keep at it.  The other thing to remeber is it's a slow process, at first you might lose weight quickly, but then it'll slump off.

The other really big thing is, if you have one bad day or two or three, you gotta get back on track.  That was my hardest thing.  I'd have one or two or three days where I ate too much or was tired and didn't do much, and then I'd give up.  I find if I just jump back in I'm so much happier.

lenoxclan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM

HUGS, I joined a exercise group here on cafemom. I am currently doing a fall challenge with them. The support there is wonderful:0)

bluerose26
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Bump, I want to lose weigh too. I weigh almost 220lbs and I was 209lbs when i was 40weeks pregnant. I was 163lbs when I got pregnant. My daughter just turned 2 yrs old 2 days ago. I think my weight loss is prohibited by me being on merina birth control. I have gained 30 lbs since being on merina for 9 months now. Its hard for me to get motivated too. But since the weather is cooling down more and feeling like fall, I hope to b able to go outside more and exercse more with my daughter. I hope to be getting my merina out in the next 2 weeks, and lose at least 20 lbs by christmas. I crossing my fingers. I'll add a pic of me in a lil bit.

heres what i look like now at 220lbs and 5"6" tall

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM

I'll go on teh journey with you! I'm 22, weighing in at about 200 lbs (2 days ago, i weighed myself, it was that... but normally, its between 205-215). my normal weight should be 130 (for a good BMI), but i just want to be down to 150

this picture--- i was 17 years old, and 6 months pregnant- didnt look it. the day before i had him, people thought i was only 3 months... (at 6 months, i was about 150 lbs)

This is now... kinda. it's Jan 4th (i've been working at this "weight loss" thing since Aug 09)-- but either way, I still look the same

jazztastic
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Yay!  We can keep each other motivated and updated.  Hopefully we can both lose the weight.  I'm at 170 right now.  Was 135 when I got pregnant and 185 when I had DS.

Quoting Shy_Dia:

I'll go on teh journey with you! I'm 22, weighing in at about 200 lbs (2 days ago, i weighed myself, it was that... but normally, its between 205-215). my normal weight should be 130 (for a good BMI), but i just want to be down to 150

this picture--- i was 17 years old, and 6 months pregnant- didnt look it. the day before i had him, people thought i was only 3 months... (at 6 months, i was about 150 lbs)

This is now... kinda. it's Jan 4th (i've been working at this "weight loss" thing since Aug 09)-- but either way, I still look the same

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)