Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shooting!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

Some guy open fired at The University of Texas Austin this morning...  WTF is wrong with people?  Thank god nobody got hurt except he ended up shooting himself.  Why do all these poeple insist on causing chaos and endangering people just to end their own life?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermarie2006
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I don't know buts it a scary world we live in. It makes you worry about you're children nonstop because something like this could happen at anytime. I live in a small town and you would think nothing like that would happen in a small town, but last year we had our 1st murder out here. It was sickening sad because this girl was a close friend of mine, and the way they did it was brutal. It happens everywhere :(

mommyxtinacakes
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM

The world is getting very cold.  I was watching the news the other day and someone killed a mother, and shot her 9 year old SIX times.  What kind of a monster shoots a CHILD?  SIX TIMES?  I think this guy in Austin probably just went off the deep end, not that it makes it okay.  I'm glad no one got hurt because of his actions.

ikesmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Misery loves company

wildsun
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I live in a pretty small town myself and a man went into the high school I went  to with a gun. It's everywhere, large and small. 

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I don't know buts it a scary world we live in. It makes you worry about you're children nonstop because something like this could happen at anytime. I live in a small town and you would think nothing like that would happen in a small town, but last year we had our 1st murder out here. It was sickening sad because this girl was a close friend of mine, and the way they did it was brutal. It happens everywhere :(

PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM

For attention.  To be remembered.

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

mom2twins9909
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I heard that on KISS FM this morning. It's sad. Everytime I go on campus at my college I always think something like that is going to happen.

Melissa_anne
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM

small town here too and some guy tried to kill his mom with the claw end of a hammer.  Its amazing how people think, i know its not just these days that things are bad but it gets out more because of the media. 

ambermarie2006
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Thats scary. My friend was dumped in a ditch after some people put 9 pain patches on her spine. She went to sleep and never woke up again.

Quoting wildsun:

I live in a pretty small town myself and a man went into the high school I went  to with a gun. It's everywhere, large and small. 

Quoting ambermarie2006:

jaydensmomma707
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:54 PM

it is super scary, but its NOT new its just we have the media now so we hear about it a lot more! I was at VT during the shooting, I was in a dorm room and didn't really know what was going on but tis pretty scary (i was not a VT studetn I was there visiting a friend I was a VMI student at the time)

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Yeah. I live only about five miles from campus and was wondering why I was hearing helicopters. I hopped onto facebook and saw updates about it.

Good thing no one was seriously hurt. I know two people were treated for injuries as they were leaving the building after lock down was lifted, but the gunman didn't shoot anyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)