• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your dh, df, so like your dad or his dad?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM
  • 33 Replies
Growing up I was always told "a girl always marries a man like her father" I'm not so sure that's true! Lol my dad is a wonderful, hardworking man, hubby and father. But he never speaks up for us (he let his parents treats us 6 kids like crap, never stuck up for us) in my family they have a "keep the peace" thing. My dh is not like that, he is a wonderful, hardworking man, dh and father, but he will not let anyone mistreat our kids whether it be his fam or mine.

On another note, is your your dh anything like his dad? Mine, thankfully is NOT!! Lol my fil does not work, he expects everyone to everything for him. If things don't go his way, its everyone elses fault. He treats his wife mean. Like this morning, she put too much salt in his oatmeal, she offered to switch with him. He yelled at her "go away, you can't do anything right, get away from me!" My dh is caring, sweet, sensitve, giving, loving-basically, everything his dad isn't.

So, do you think you married a man like your father? Or is he like his own dad? Or like my dh, he's not like either??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aydansmomma04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM

My husband has the same type of personality as my dad. He is a jokester and has a very dry sense of humor. Get those two together and they think they are so funny and they feed off of each other. It is really annoying to be honest! LOL

Thank God my DH isn't like his father.. His father is going through a major mid-life crisis at the moment that included beating his girl friend, loosing his career as a police officer, and spending money that he doesn't have... he is a train wreak!

MIA0223
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Heck no!
My dad is an a$$. Abusive, did drugs all my life, didn't care about his family. Now he is clean and still abusive, but not physically. He is a miserable, lazy person!
My DH is nice, puts family #1, is a great father, he and DD have a very special relationship that I have never seen between a father and daughter, from before she was even born, she went nuts everytime he spoke in my stomach, lol!
I never met his dad, he passed away when DH was 11.
But DH is like his mom I think. Loud, talkative, assertive, friendly.

datssumsheet
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

He is nothing like my dad.  In some ways I wish he was but in others I am glad he is not.  No idea if he is like his dad he passed away when my husband was 17 months old.  Everyone says he is the most like his dad out of all 10 kids and it always puts a smile on his sister's faces seeing him with his kids and all his nieces and nephews. 

littlemissmj

No, I didn't marry someone like my dad at all. But I am like my dad myself, so maybe that makes up for it.

KME3
Well my boyfriend doesn't hit me or mind fuck me so hes not like my dad and he doesnt know his dad...he had never had a male role model in his life...he turned out pretty good lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody

My husband is like his father, he works hard, and does his best to provide for his family, just like his dad. He's quiet, and keeps to himself, but if you say something he doesn't agree with he will stick up for us, or himself, whichever the case may be.

I'm grateful he is like his father and not mine, otherwise I would be a miserable woman. My father was abusive, and ungrateful, and let his wife(my stepmom) run his household, and so therefore I got treated like crap.

My husband treats me amazingly. =)

shaysmommy5810
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 PM
he's a mix of both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annette7931
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM
He's a lot like his dad and only has a very few things in common with my dad... Mostly the psychotic driving :P. My therapist says the differences are most likely what drew me to dh... He's the perfect guy for me and my dad is an abusive drunk ass who believes women are worthless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HKing01
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM

DH doesn't know his father but his mom says they are similar. He is a hard worker and a little old fashioned like my dad.

sweettigeress
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Hell no. No way in hell I'd marry someone like my dad. He's lazy, he never wants to do anything. He complains about going to work EVERY morning. He blows money whenever he gets a small amount in his pockets. Thank God my DH is nothing like my dad. And I don't know if he's like his dad because his dad died before he was born.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)