Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me what you think

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

Will the Kids have taken over our house and storage area N Garage with Toy's, bike's, clothes, and every thing else you can Think of. I started pricing some thing's and wanted some other mom help that have had garage or go to them on a regularly. Now here what have done so far

We have a Barbie power wheel four wheeler I want to sell that 40 with out the battery 100 with the Battery. The Battery is Brand New I brought the battery for my oldest to ride it but she did not want that she wanted the mustang one so hubby brought her the mustang. Is that to much for a Power Wheel I mine she only rode it once.

Then I have 3 big pamper's boxes of just Jean's in all kids size Most of them are all Brand new with Tag's on them I was going to hang them up and put $5.00 each for them. they are mostly girl's but there are some boy's in there.

We also have 4 laptop's that still work great are in great condition I was going to say $75.00 for those. Is that to much.

We also have a 4 burner Gas grill with everything a MAN MANS could I just want. I want to put 150 for it but hubby say's that's price is to low. what do you think.

I don't want to Price thing's to high and they don't sell and I don't want it to low were I feel like I'm just giving stuff away. Please Help me

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
vonettabramwell
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM

bump

LancesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I have heard that you should charge 1/8th of the price you paid for something, in a garage sale, if its in good condition.

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:42 PM

It all sound reasonable to me except the 5 dollers for jeans I would never price them that high or pay that for them but this is jmo and i am cheap so......

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM

All prices sound about right except the jeans even with tags on that seems a bit much.

PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM

$1.00 each for a piece of clothing.  Maximum.  No one will pay that much at a garage sale for used clothing, even if it is next to new.

I would start your grill off at $200 and negoiate a price.

everything else sounds fair...   but remember people will haggle you and if you want to sell, your going to have to be willing to move on the price a little bit.

vonettabramwell
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM

They are all designer jean's. I'm a Buyer for Kids store so I get sample's of there Clothing Line before they come out. I have a ton of Polo,there some Juicy, Couple of Paper denim, And True Religion, So I said 5 for them being the there all designer label's. 

The grill is going for 100 no matter what if some goes 50 they may just get cause I'm sick of it and he just brought a New one after labor day so old one has to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)