Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your first?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM
  • 22 Replies

What was your first car? Is there a story behind getting it? post pics of your first car and then post pics of the car you have now that your a mommy.

My 1st car was my dream car. I had wanted a 73 Nova SS since I was like 8 years old. When I was 15 my dad saw one for sale on the side of the road. It was even a SS! My dad came and picked me up and told me I have a surprise for you but you have to pay for it. I was totally confused but was like ok. He took me down to meet the guy and I about died! I bought it up faster than I introduced myself. My mom had come with us so she drove my dad's car and he drove MINE (haha it was mine!) . It totally broke down on the way home and we had to push it into a parking lot. We got it running again and got it home. I was so proud. My dad and I rebuilt it and I was driving my super hot car around. It was truly my 1st baby, I loved that car. There are so many memories in there, including many more times of pushing it, always with a smile on my face. It had no air and I live in las vegas. But it was my dream car and I never cared at all! I loved repairing it when it broke down or had any problems. I had to give in and sell it this year to get my new mom van :-( I love my van but that was my baby.  Here's pics!

My Nova!

My Town & Country Limited

What a big transformation. The things we do for our kids!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
novachick
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM

wow this is obviously a group of women! lol. come on ladies no one has love for their cars? I can't be the only gal who loves them!

PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:40 PM

First car was a 1975 Buick Riviera - It was my grandfathers and I always loved it.  He bought a new car when I was 12, but kept that car for me til I was 16.  It was Blue, with a white roof, and cream colored leather seats.  She was a beauty.

This is what it looked similar too - not my car though (got this pic on google)

Since then I had a 1997 Nissan Maxima - and now I am driving a Silver Honda Accord.  DH and I also share our 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. - We are thinking of trading in the Jeep though and going for a Jeep Commander.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I still own the first car I ever bought. I have had it for 8 years! lol We are getting a bigger family car in a few months though because it's way too small and we want more babies. haha
(its a 1993 Geo Prizm)
We are gonna get an SUV with a 3rd row, I refuse to own a mini van. lol

kamrynlily07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I dont have pictures but my first car was a 1989 Toyota Camry that ended up getting stolen LOL

Now as a mom I drive a 2008 Honda Element

kellcyx
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM

My first car was an Audi TT. It was pretty awesome. : ) 

Now I have a white Yaris.

I prefer my Yaris over my Audi.

There's more room,

and it's a cuter car. :)

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Oh, I don't have any pics but I googled what it looks like: (mine is baby blue though)

momtobe0211
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM

This isn't a pic of my actual car, but this is exactly what my car looked like (before I wrecked it, 3 months after my dad bought it for me).

HollyBerry727
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:45 PM

My first car was supposed to be a 86 Monte Carlo SS, but my dad decided to give it to my Step-Mother. So He bought me a 1993 Ford Mustang LX. I loved it.

The car I drive now is a 1998 Toyota 4Runner. I love this car!!  This is a pic taken the day I bought it. It now has a pink Georgia tag on the front.

luckychance1985
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM

My 1st car was awesome! I didn't know anything about it before I got it. I was telling my DH (my BF at the time) and when I told him it was a '91 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertable, his whole face lit up! He told me it was his all time favorite car. So I had it already in my mind that I was buying it. And I fell in love with it. Lots of great memories in that car! 

Someone slammed into it a few years ago and totaled it while it was parked. I haven't had a car since. 

MY BABY

kaygarcia97
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM

This was my first car it was my graduation present from high school

and this is the car i have now

during pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)