Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Place to visit / That one place you HAVE to visit.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

The San Antonio post made me do this - It brought back a few memories for me. 

What is your most favorite state/city/country that you have ever visited?

Where is one place you have to visit before you die??

When I was younger, my parents did a huge vacation every year.  The most memorable place we visited, to me, was South Dakota.  When people hear that, they think I am insane.  But it is by far the most beautiful state I have ever seen.  I remember the roads being so straight, you could see them come to a point on the horizon.  Then you have The Black Hills, The Badlands, Mt Rushmore, all the beautiful scenary, the way of life out there.... It's my absolute favorite.... and I have been to 48 out of the 50 states, and countries like Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, and Peru.

One place I have to visit before I die . . . The beaches of Thailand.  Always been a dream to go there.

So how about you?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KBix
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Wurzberg in Southern Bavaria in Germany. We want to move back one day but its absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Do you have pics??  if so, I would love to see them, Germany is such a neat place!

Quoting KBix:

Wurzberg in Southern Bavaria in Germany. We want to move back one day but its absolutely gorgeous!!!!

mom2twins9909
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Vegas. We went when I was pregnant and had fun. Good food and tons to do.We almost moved there. I am glad we didn't tho because the economy there.

When I ws 14 I went to California with my best friend and her family. I love the west. It is so pretty.

My grandparents took me to Pigeon Forge, TN and I loved it surprisingly.

I like to travel. I would love to go anywhere really besides Mexico right now and Mississippi. Mississippi is the most boringest state to drive thru (boringest? lol)..

I have been to north carolina, sc, ga, florida, tenn, alabama, la, miss, arkansas, ohlahoma, new mexico, arizona, nevada, and cali. Never been out of the country or up north.

I don't think we will be going out of the country since DH has this fear of flying over the water..lol

HollyBerry727
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I've never been out of the country but from the states I have been too, I would say Tennessee!! It's georgous in the Fall. The place I have to visit before I die would be Canada! My BFF lives there and he has a million pictures posted all over his FB page. The pictures are amazing and he said the pictures don't do it justice. I also want to see Ireland since I'm half Irish.

HollyBerry727
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Were going to Pegion Forge this weekend!! I'm so excited!!

Quoting mom2twins9909:

Vegas. We went when I was pregnant and had fun. Good fun and tons to do.We almost moved there. I am glad we didn't tho because the economy there.

When I ws 14 I went to California with my best friend and her family. I love the west. It is so pretty.

My grandparents took me to Pigeon Forge, TN and I loved it surprisingly.

I like to travel. I would love to go anywhere really besides Mexico right now and Mississippi. Mississippi is the most boringest state to drive thru (boringest? lol)..

I have been to north carolina, sc, ga, florida, tenn, alabama, la, miss, arkansas, ohlahoma, new mexico, arizona, nevada, and cali. Never been out of the country or up north.

I don't think we will be going out of the country since DH has this fear of flying over the water..lol

kristie1029
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I went to Belize when I was 14 and would love to go back! I know it has changed ALOT since I was there but I loved it and it would be even better if I could meet up with some of the friends I made at that Youth with A Mission camp!

One place I have to go before I die is Ireland! My hubby and I want to visit where is family came from and all the history that Ireland has to offer!  We thought about moving there but our families won't let us move that far away! Maybe when we retire!;o)

armywifey1983
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:38 PM

As far as favorite places I've been to, its a toss up between San Francisco and Boston. Two totally different cities, but I love the atmosphere in both places. The history in and around Boston is amazing, and nothing can beat strolling on a beach in San Fran and seeing the Golden Gate Bridge in front of you.

As far as places I have to visit before I die, I'll have to say Scotland. Being scottish myself, I've always dreamed of going out there and visiting where my ancestors lived.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)