Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How stupid can you be? vent

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 7 Replies
So, my friend called me the other night asking if itt would hurt a 1year old if someone gave her Goody's PM. Turns out the baby's mom caught Grandma giving it to her and grandma said "If you don't like it you can get out of my house" Mom later found out that grandma had been giving it to her dd for the past week to make her sleep. Mom & baby left the house & I advised her to take baby to the hospital to get checked out. She was fine, but now mom & baby are basically homeless - staying with a friend. What would make someone think it's a good idea to give that to a child, much less a baby?! Ok, vent over. Please keep this little girl & her mom in your prayers. Thanks for reading.

April ~ Proud Mommy to August Skyla, and Landon Carter, & Loving wife to Curtis!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nerdymom28
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I have no idea what Goody's is but it sounds like a sort of medicine.  If her grandmother can't handle putting a child to sleep the natural way, then she shouldn't be handling her.  And the fact that she kicked her grandchild out because of her inability to make the right decisions is just plain wrong.  This isn't the 1950's - you can't do all the things you did with a child back in the day. If it was her child then she could make that decison, but she should have respected her granddaughter's wishes.

AHamrick
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM
I'm sorry, I should have explained. Goody's is an aspirin headache powder. Goody's pm also has benadryl in it to help you sleep

April ~ Proud Mommy to August Skyla, and Landon Carter, & Loving wife to Curtis!

mama2b709
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:15 PM

WTF!!! The grandma was basically drugging the baby to get her to sleep! If it were my child...my child would NOT be going back there!!!

Mommy2B110
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Thats ridiculous. First off, why the hell would she give that to a 1 year old?! Second..she kicked them out because of her own stupidity?! Wow.. you know what..maybe its good that they aren't there anymore..who knows what else she would have given to that baby! 

*By the way.. I love your sons name! 

PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Um, I think that could be consider abuse. no?

bethgoedeken
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Quoting PhiLLy-StyLe:

Um, I think that could be consider abuse. no?

That's what I would think too. Since your friends out of a place anyways I would look into press charges against the Grandma for child endangerment...I would be sooooo pissed!

Bethany, Super proud mommy of 1.5

momma0ffive
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:34 PM

believe it or not more parents give there child a dose of benadryl to help them go to sleep more often then you think...... its so sad!  but not very uncommon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)