Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scheduling

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
When is a good age to start a schedule? Some people say right away and others say wait till they're ready. I don't want to force anything but I also want stability.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I schedule my kids to a point.  It always wake up, eat breakfast, sit and watch a show of choice, TV off for a few hours and thats our "free time" before lunch - we will work on puzzles, color, read books, play outside.  Lunch time, nap time, after nap they get another show.  Then free time agagin, NO tv.  Dinner, bath, and they can either choose 2 books or one short TV show to watch before it's finally bed time. 

I mean, I don't do it strictly.  But they have stability and always know what to expect next.

My mom keeps the same schedule with them while I am working.

Simple-Beauty
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:06 PM

We never had a strict schedule with Lydia and I would never want one for the next baby. We had certain things that were done daily, in no specific order other than meals.

Lydia has always been an extremely flexible child because of this. I hate trying to make plans with friends only to be reminded that little Billy turns into a terrorist if he doesn't nap from 12pm to 2pm daily lol.

sweettigeress
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM

My DD pretty much put herself on a schedule. I just guided it and stuck to it. When she was born, I fed her about 8 times a day (which I think I read was the minimum of feedings? Not sure!) Anyhoo....then as she got older I only fed her every 4 hours. She napped at the same time 3 times a day, except for when she was born, I let her sleep as long as she wanted.

aydansmomma04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I always guided my kids on a schedule but more just followed their cues. I never scheduled their bottle feedings, just fed when they acted hungery. My boys went directly on a great schedule really young- my daughter refused to be on a schedule until just recently at 11 months.

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:22 PM
From the start. We don't have a strict schedule, but it is consistent. For example, bed time is always the same during the week- 8pm. On the weekends, 9pm. We eat breakfast at 7am no matter what day it is. Stuff lie that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)