Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are us wives not allowed to ever be in a bad mood?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM
  • 21 Replies

My dh is one of the moodiest men I have ever met in my life. He is allowed to be ticked off at any given time. But if I become unhappy because of his behavior he actually ends up asking me what MY problem is. Or if I am in a bad mood one day he can't handle it and it ends up ticking him off. Can't I ever have MY own pissed off time? Why am I always supposed to be the happy and optimistic one? Every guy I have ever met has been this way. My stepfather, my friends husbands and boyfriends. It must be a guy thing...they are the only ones allowed to be in a bad mood. They just can't handle us happy go lucky women actually being human I guess. lol Sorry just a rant. I was in the worst mood ever a couple days ago for no reason...and wow did he freak out. But if he were to act the exact same way....that's "normal" and doesn't deserve to be made a big deal out of. Do you know what I mean? Anybody's husbands do this too?? I love him but wow this is one thing that gets on my nerves!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhiannon1988
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:02 PM

my s/o's the same way.. i'm in a pissed off mood alot so he's just gotta deal with it... but he is the same way. when i'm pissed off i'm a bitch.. but when he's pissed off he's just stressed out....*rolls eyes*

MeghanPerez
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Didnt you get the memo? Us moms are supposed to fake good moods 24/7. ugh, husbands!

Feel better, doll!! =)

Alison_C
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Yup. That's one issue we haven't been able to work out.

DeacnConsMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Quoting Rhiannon1988:

my s/o's the same way.. i'm in a pissed off mood alot so he's just gotta deal with it... but he is the same way. when i'm pissed off i'm a bitch.. but when he's pissed off he's just stressed out....*rolls eyes*

That is exactly to a T what my dh does! He has a right to be pissed off because he works and I just stay at home so that means everything is always hunky dory for me. lol

Marimaru
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:23 PM

And yet if we fake 'it' we're in big trouble.

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Didnt you get the memo? Us moms are supposed to fake good moods 24/7. ugh, husbands!

Feel better, doll!! =)

Marimaru

Mommy of Isabelle Rose, born 10/11/2009

Charli627
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:36 PM
My DH doesn't act like this. He does whatever he can to get me to feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mscooper23
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM
Mine is the same way or he'll say what's wrong with u and it'll be just a day where Im kinda mad for no reason then it turns to u gotta have a reason. ..... And on an on. Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShyJen
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Must just be some guys.. not all. My DH doesnt act like that. Anytime I get into a bad mood he will do whatever he can to help me feel better, he'll even take the kids to his parents house for a day so i can relax. .

terrabiglieri
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM

My husband will come in the door from work and say "oh look its happy, whats your problem?" Before I even say anything! Its so annoying, and then I do get mad b/c he assumes im in a bad mood for no reason.

DeacnConsMom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Quoting terrabiglieri:

My husband will come in the door from work and say "oh look its happy, whats your problem?" Before I even say anything! Its so annoying, and then I do get mad b/c he assumes im in a bad mood for no reason.

My dh does that too! ugh. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)