Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nagging! how do you deal?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

My three old is a great kid, my biggest issue with him is he naggs. He will ask for something or to do something a million times in 2 minutes, and when you say please wait or not right now he will repeat over and over and over and its really ggetting to me now, I dont know that its really punishable per say, i know it needs correcting, so what do you do to take care of this issue?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Renee02
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Same issue and my son is almost 5yrs old..Man its so annoying! After awhile I yell lol..Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt and not saying that is for everyone lol..Wish I can give you ideas but I deff need them too..Good luck!

juansmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM

lol thank you mama! havent lost my temper on him over that yet, but getting there lol. 

JMKristy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:47 PM

My sons are 10 and 7, they still do this on occasion. Even at 3 I would tell them if they ask me again they won't get what they want at all. And I would stick to it, which I learned was actually harder than dealing with the nagging. But it did seem to be helpful once they learned I was serious. But, like the first poster said there have been times I just ran out of patience and yelled for them to just stop asking!! LOL!

mom2ben
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM

My 3 year old does this too.  We started giving him 2 dimes for cleaning up his playroom.  And when he asks something more than once, after being reminded not to, he looses a dime.  For example, he wants some juice while I'm washing dishes.  He asks once, I tell him I'll get it for him in 2 minutes when I'm done.  If he asks repeatedly, I tell him now he has to wait another 2 minutes and he looses 1 dime from his piggy bank.  It's working pretty well.  Good Luck with whatever you try!

vanessa158
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM

i just tune it out the best i can lol

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I always tell my children if they keep asking they won't get what they want. If I seriously don't give them what they want, they are less likely to do it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)