• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think this would be ok for kids bday this year? piog

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:16 PM
  • 2 Replies

I had my little treasures back to back, So my dd wil be 3 Dec 21 and My son will be 4 on Jan 10. I have a very dysfunctional family, my parents have been divorced for years nobody gets along with anybody, my mom is close to my kids but her and I are very ackward toward one another and my sister pisses me off to no end.

This year we have been fortuante to do a bigger xmas then years prior, due to a school excess funds check, I got a grant and only had one more class to go before i was finished. Plus dh got vacation pay and we decided to put away.   We will of course do cake and ice cream on childs actual day and i will prob run them around to just vist, but we were thinking of skipping a party all together, My hubby suggested we take a trip, erie is an hour away from us they have a hotel that has a indoor water park attached to it. Hubby thought we could just get away for a weekend and use that as our kids birthday party, they wouldnt so much get alot of giftd, being xmas just passed, plus this trip is not a typical birthday deal, i would prob get them books for the tag system, or other preschool things for my son and maybe a baby doll or baby doll appliance for my dd.

Do you think this would be fun and memorable? we would do this the end of January begining of feb (this knocks out my birthday as well. or should i stick with the norm family dysfunction, of having to cook two meals and spend that day runnin all over because nobody can put there big kid undies on and deal with one another, or if they make the attmept someone gets panties in a bunch and gets all dramtic?

Im asking more venue wise then trip wise.  i wont do chuckie chesse etc, i likes it better when i was young and they had the huge ball pits and tunnels lol

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
haskins20amber
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM
I say take the trip. If there could be fighting and all then their bday was not their day. If ya take the trip you could set aside so much time for each baby and do what they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlkWingedAngel
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM
I say take the trip and if the family still wants to see them then go to their houses separately. I would def take the trip to get away from the family drama especially after dealing with it through the holidays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)