Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13 month old and words

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

Peyton is 13 months old and doesnt have many words. She says hi most of the time she can say mama and dada but thats about it. Im kinda worried cuz i hear all the other 13 month olds are using way more words than that. She has never said baba and doesnt say cup or any of that jazz. Tell me im over paranoid and that i dont need to worry please......

Single, first time, co-sleeping, formula fed, ERF, attachment parenting, extra loving, full time student, pround cranio mommy to Peyton Olivia. 8/18/09. Whom I love more than life :)

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kim3787
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Yup, you're being paranoid. LOL My 14 month old only says dada, mama (rarely), baba (when he wants a cup LOL) and ut-oh. They are completely normal, don't worry.

NotUrMama72
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM
lol I was thinking the same thing last week with my 14 month old. He says a few words and tries to say things when we do. I was convinced something was wrong with him lol But it's totally normal!
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I think that is about average for the age. That's about what my oldest said. He said 4 words at that age. baba,mama,dada and bug. Just read,talk a lot..if you're not already doing those things. I think by 18months they should be saying about 50+ and putting together two word sentence's like me want,etc..
My youngest is very advanced in speaking and my oldest was not. Does she have other skills mastered? Walking,ect? Cause sometimes when they focus on other skills some get put on the back burner so to speak.

babygirl32503
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM
My 13 month old only says mama, Dada, baba, and sometimes yes and yum. But he really has no interest in saying much else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydansmomma04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Each baby has their own timeline. As long as she is developing and progressing she is fine!

Peytons_Mama09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM
Thanks ladies. Makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shawnalmil
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

dont take this the wrong way please but do u talk to her? i ask leah who is 14 mnths old questions, and then i answer for her, she says please which is ezzzzzzzzzzzzz, thank you which is tuuuuuu, papa mom momma, sit which comes out as shit she say nigh nigh nigh when she is tired she say stop when she wants something to be done or is done, hi and hey  ut oh when she drops something,  and a few more

i think that alot of it has to do with how much you talk TO them, and not around them, and then of course all babies are different i mean some babies just dont talk much

DanielleK21
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

My boy just turned 13 months on the 22nd and he can say kity, google (that ones jumbled but thats his cats name, dada, and yesterday it sounded like he said all done but Im not sure. I know it took my girl forever to talk so I think yours is average. Kids dont say many words at this age its more sounds and babbles.

Peytons_Mama09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Of course I talk to her. I don't ignore her all day long, and there are 3 other people in the house so yes she does get talked to.

Quoting shawnalmil:

dont take this the wrong way please but do u talk to her? i ask leah who is 14 mnths old questions, and then i answer for her, she says please which is ezzzzzzzzzzzzz, thank you which is tuuuuuu, papa mom momma, sit which comes out as shit she say nigh nigh nigh when she is tired she say stop when she wants something to be done or is done, hi and hey  ut oh when she drops something,  and a few more

i think that alot of it has to do with how much you talk TO them, and not around them, and then of course all babies are different i mean some babies just dont talk much

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)