Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DHS/CPS help QUICK!!! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM
  • 68 Replies

UPDATE: The caseworker decided not to show up for the home inspection... I'm so frustrated with the whole stupid system!!! I think I'll be calling his supervisor in the morning to try to get this taken care of. I feel like everything has been blown out of proportion, and that we aren't being treated fairly, by appointments being blown off, and refusing to hear my sons's side of the story. It's just ridiculous. Thanks for all your help, I'll keep you all updated as anything else comes up

Moms,

I need help ASAP :( I'm freaking out, and I'm hoping SOMEONE has answers for me. 

I'll give the short version of the story, because there's A LOT of crap, but if you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to fill you in. 

So 2 months ago, the police came knocking at my door asking to speak to my son (my 11 year old). I said he was in bed and I wanted to know why they needed to talk to him. When I say this, I mean it, and not just because I'm his mom, but he truly is the most amazing little boy I've ever known. He's incredibly smart, he's kind, gentle, sweet, truthful, I could go on and on. So they said that the little girl next door's mom was accusing him of having his hand down her pants. I was shocked to say the least, and they told us the story. They said a detective would be contacting us in the next week or two. So I got my son out of bed, and asked what had happened with the neighbor girl. He looked at me like I was crazy, and couldn't figure out what I was talking about. So I explained to him that police had been, what they said, etc., and he told us his side of the story, which was COMPLETELY different from the neighbor girl's. 

So even thought we are 1000000% sure of his innocence, we got him an attorney that we could ill afford, because I didn't want him to go it alone. 

3 days later, DHS (child welfare/CPS) comes over asking to speak to him. I said he was gone and that we had been instructed not to speak to them anyway. So I called my attorney and he said we could let him in, but not to make any statements or anything like that, and he was not to talk to my son without the attorney present. So he then made us figure out a "safety plan" where my son wouldn't be allowed around children without supervision... even my other 2 boys. I about flipped, but decided to just follow the rules, be cooperative, and hope it would all be over soon. He wasn't even allowed to sleep in his own room because he and my 4 year old share a room. I told him that we have 3 children and a 2 bedroom house, not sure where the hell we are going to work it out that he sleep! So he makes the smartass comment of, "how do you like sleeping on the floor in the living room?" to my son. I wanted to slap him but I refrained. My son is INNOCENT and he's being treated like a criminal! And this was about 3 weeks after all this crap happened anyway, and still nothing has been done to investigate, we are simply a puppet on a string to appease the DHS guy.

Forward to now, 65 days later. The DHS guy told us that legally he had 60 days to decide whether he was going to proceed with the case, or drop it. He tried bribing us into getting my son to see one of their psychiatrists to "make him drop the case faster". Uhh, do I look as stupid as he thinks I am?? They would do nothing but sabotage my son. The've already ruined his life enough, stolen his innocence, and made him terrified to turn the corner.

So anyway, I called him to ask whether I would be getting a letter in the mail, or a fax, or how it would be made official that the case has been dropped since the 60 days has passed. He said he was still making a decision, and that he would have to come out and do a home inspection in the morning before he could decide.

Now I'm freaking out, I have questions, and I'm hoping you guys can help out. If you've dealt with DHS, if you've worked with DHS, if you have ANY information it would be greatly appreciated. Please, I'm in a panic :( I can't get ahold of my attorney, so that's why I'm posting on here.

Here are my questions for you guys::

- Can he legally do anything since the 60 days has passed?

- What is he looking for in a home inspection??? I want to make sure everything is absolutely perfect, but I don't want to miss something I wouldn't have thought of. What would make him press charges, since the only thing he's supposedly looking to do is convict my innocent son? I have less than 24 hours to make my house perfect, and I'm scared I'm not going to pass. :(

- Can you give me a list of absolute MUSTS for DHS inspections?

Thank you all so much, I'm sorry for posting in so many groups, I just need as many answers as possible. And sorry this is so long!!

And please, no bashing. My son is innocent, and we have a lovely little family, and we don't do anything we shouldn't.. I promise

xxxxxx

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aydansmomma04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Yikes momma! I just don't know but here is a bump for you. Good luck and please keep us updated!

JoJoBean8
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM

No idea but here a bump. Good luck!

babygirl32503
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM
Sorry I can't help. I really hope everything works out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife2009101
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM

BUMP!

EmilyKC
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Sorry u have to go thru this and I wish I had some advise to give. But here's a bump. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoenlandonsmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM

That sucks just make sure your house is clean kids room looks clean nice no pics of girls stuff like that

brwneyebeauty13
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM

BUMP!

Earthangel0107
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Just make sure there is food in the house house is clean no holes in the walls no dirty dishes or clothes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.mandabear.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I'm not sure that you HAVE to let them in your home without a warrant. Talk to your lawyer again. If you do have to have them in your home, have your lawyer present. Goodluck!!!!!!!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM

wow that is messed up! Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)