Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did he propose?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:36 PM
  • 50 Replies
How did your man propose to you?

When our relationship was good, and we were in love my SO proposed to me by coming in the room while a was asleep and putting something in my had (a ring and a note) I was like huh what's this... Bahaha I thought it was lame.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajtherad
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I proposed to my Husband. =] Our Love Story is in my Journal (titled the Internet works in mysterious ways..), but I proposed to Him right before He deployed to Iraq, which was a month and a half after We met in person (We met online). We got Married just under 7 months later during His midtour R&R. =]

poshkat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM

we were laying on the couch and i was telling him how my mom was bugging me about getting married and i was laughing about it and i quieted down and he said "are you mad at me?" and i said no. and he said it again, and i again said no, than he got a little mad and said it again and i sat up and looked at him and i said "No im not mad at you! quit asking! why would i be mad at you!?" and he said "im not asking you if you are mad at me im asking you will you marry me!!" than he got up and said "well if you dont want to....." and of course i said come back and he asked me again and i said yes.

TiDyedSunriseLZ
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:41 PM

We were on vacation in NC- rented a cabin for the week- to celebrate our one year anniversary together. We went white water rafting that morning and then took a long drive through the Blue Ridge Mountains. He stopped somewhere and we got out and then he proposed on top of a mountain! It was incredibly sweet and he was a nervous wreck.

wife_army_mommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:52 PM
We were oh the phone talking about the kids he wanted to have with me. I told him sorry in not having kids with out a ring and he said well then its settled..I was sooo shocked I asked if he was proposing and he said yeah well I just told you ..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
savannabooker
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM
We were in Italy. We were at a cafe next to the Trevi Fountain and he got down on one knee and proposed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maddieraesmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM
We were having a fourth of July picnic and both of our families were there.. He asked me in front of everyone!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atypicalxcat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

My fiance proposed to me on my birthday. He took me out to dinner at one of those japanese grills where they cook the food right in front of you while doing all sorts of tricks. Our chef must have been tired though-- all we got was the onion volcano. Disappointing. Afterwards, we went to a self-serve yogurt place and he sent me in by myself while he waited outside. When I hopped back into the car, he gave me a bouquet of roses and I thought that was all there was. There was a notecard, too, but being that he isn't usually the romantic type, I figured there was nothing written on it and got sappy over the roses. Then he pointed out that one of the flowers was a lot more in bloom and larger than the others, then he told me it was a box and that he"d written something on the card. I opened the box and there was my ring looking up at me and he'd written on the card, "Will you marry me?"

And that was that :). And here's a picture of what the "flowers" looked like:

I never knew he was capable of pulling something off like this haha.

rosenichole
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM

he haded me the box   i Had been planning for two weeks be fore that  we planed are honeymoon first so we only had three months to plan

la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

He proposed to me in a hotel room filled with roses. It was very romantic. It was our dating anniversary!

Proud babies mod and baby name central admin

married2thenavy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM

My husband was in sea school in San Diego, CA, and I was in Colorado Springs, CO. I had heard my dad talking to some one downstairs so I went to see who he was talking to and he took the phone away from his ear and said, " get out of here" I thought it was another "girl friend". Turned out it was my hubby calling to ask his permission. Not 2 minutes after he hung up the phone my hubby called me. I answered and he said. " I have permission, what do you think about spending the rest of your life with me? I can't live with out you, you are my rock and inspiration, I love you, will you marry me?"  So silly he proposed over the phone, but it was as unique as our wedding!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)