• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling disrespected and a little sad/unloved (sorry long)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

Ok this is gonna sound childish and stupid but the feelings are very real to me.  Here is the story:

Last week my hubby went to a baseball game with his dad.  I was a little sad and stressed bc it meant that I would have the baby all alone all day but I woulda gotten over it had I not learned some new info about the situation.  My FIL was given 4 tickets to this game.  He gave my SIL 2 of the tickets (she is unmarried and not dating anyone) and she took one of her friends.  He then invited my DH to attend the game with him.  I felt very hurt that I wasn't invited/given a ticket.  When I mentioned something about this to my husband he made it seem like there was no way that his dad could have given me a ticket (HELLO, he gave his daughter an extra ticket!!!).  When I spoke to my SIL about it she tried to dismiss all my feelings and told me that her dad never did it to hurt my feelings (too late). 

I even tried to go to a game by myself on Sunday and while I had a great time, I still feel very hurt and disrespected.  I don't understand why everyone is trying to dismiss my feelings!!!!  When this SIL so much as has bad PMS, everyone is babying her and trying to make her feel better.  I love my in-laws but this whole situation left a horrible taste in my mouth :(

Thanks for listening

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamacifuni
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM

BUMP!

kateq
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I think it would hurt my feelings to! From experience, you have to pick your battles with the inlaws, and this isn't something to make a big fuss about. But your DH could have been at least a little sympathetic!

mamacifuni
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM
Quoting kateq:

I think it would hurt my feelings to! From experience, you have to pick your battles with the inlaws, and this isn't something to make a big fuss about. But your DH could have been at least a little sympathetic!

Thank you!!! I thought I was just feeling dumb feelings like a little kid.
mommyof11050307
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM
I would have been pissed and hurt. They should have invited you. I would tell my husband that also. Last sunday my hubby went to the cowboys game I was mad he didn't ask me to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reese23
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM

i so understand where you are coming from.....my hubbys step dads family had a get together with their kids and the grand kids every one but my husband and our family. I would be hurt as well. Se are not going to say anything because its not worth it. I hope they start to understand.

RyanNKileysMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Sorry mama... I know you feel, we used to live with my SOs family when we hit hard times and they would always do stuff as a family and leav me at home, never asked if I wanted to go. Kinda hurt my feelings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twohearts0810
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Id be upset. esp since you both coulda use the time out together after having the baby

karla85
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:44 PM

There is where your husband comes in and should stand up for you, my fiancee would never leave me with a newborn for a basketball game, say the baby is older and it is a "guy" thing he would ask me about it, and if his sister was invited he would either buy me a ticket or not go at all!!!

Mama2ETA
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:47 PM

I wouldnt be as mad at your father inlaw. Thats his daughter and she probably asked. BUT I would be mad at my husband for going with his sister and his sister's friend and his dad. Not cool. He needs to learn to stand up for you, life will be much easier, and they wont do that stuff if he stands up for you, but as of now, they know he wont, so it continues.

mamacifuni
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:24 PM

omg...my SIL is still trying to make me feel bad for feeling hurt...i want her to stay out of my business and leave me the f*** alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a proud Wiccan, Breast and Formula feeding, wishing I coulda had a natural childbirth experience, Extended Rear Facing, CIO (sometimes), mommy to my baby girl and wife to my hot hubby!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)