Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all you tech savy mom's out there!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have the HTC pure. Normally it runs really slow and it freezes a lot. Today it was working fine up until late this afternoon. It was frozen so I had to take the battery out to restart it. When I went to make a call I got a message that said "A problem has occurred with cprog.exe. The it gave me an option to send a report or not. I sent it. Now I can't use the phone at all, I don't even get the screen where you can type in the numbers. All my contacts are gone. My text messages are there and it lets me do that. Even the names of the people who sent me the texts are there, just not in my contact list. I can't get to recent calls or view any of my history. It's all blank. I can't even get any incoming calls because it won't ring. I had my husband call me and it wouldnt ring or even say that I had a missed call. I've tried turning it off for a while, taking battery out and leaving it off for a few hours...nothings working and I cant find anything on line to help me.

I'm super annoyed right now because I'm alone all day and have no other phone in the house (other than my DH cell, but he works an hour away from the house) so i need it in case of an emergency. I don't have a warrenty or anything because I bought it off of Ebay.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this??? Oh, I can't reset it because I bought it unlocked and I think that will lock it again?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NearSeattleMom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:37 AM

BUMP!

Okigurl
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:17 AM

I do, k do you know how to do a hard reset? It will erase all the information on your phone (im sorry) :( but it might bring it back to life.  You might be able to save the info if you have a sync cord and a computer to use.

Okigurl
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:22 AM

Oh I forgot to say if you need help with the hard reset i can help you.

Createchoas
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:24 AM

I would try a soft reset first, How ever If you use the hard reset it won't reset the unlock code. You will still be able to use it.  when a phone is  unlocked they unlock the sim card, not the phones hard drive. if you are really worried about having it go back to locked, remove the sim card, reset, then pop the sim card back in.

Okigurl
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:43 AM

Umm a soft reset is taking the battery out fyi and she said that doesnt work. The phone is not locked its frozen and a hard reset sounds like its necessary since her whole phone froze. Taking the sim card out isnt going to do anything. I worked at ATT for the troubleshooting/replacement call center I know these phones really well. Like I said if u need help msg me.

Createchoas
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM

No there is also a reset button under the battery for a soft reset. you have to use the stylus to push it. and of course taking it out isnt going to help she just seems worried about having her phone going back to locked.

WhenInRome
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I tried the soft reset last night and it didn't do anything,,it actually made it worse. =(

How do I do the hard reset, Okigurl? You're sure I'll still be able to use it with my Tmobile sim card? lol.

Okigurl
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Its not a tmobile phone? Hmm... im not sure if it will lock you out though. Better to be locked out and have to unlock it then have a broken phone. Just a thought. Well this reset will wipe everything off the phone, I would suggest hooking it to your computer to see if it will sync and you can save your information. So if you still wanna do it heres how: http://www.att-phones.org/att-htc-pure-tricks-perform-a-soft-and-hard-reset.html   If you cant acess your screen do the manual reset where you power it on while pushing buttons. Again this will erase all your stuff but thats probably why your phone is malfunctioning. Do not download any ringtones, apps, stuff off the internet or from anyone other than service providers they are corrupt and you will have the same problems with your phone over and over. Its a vicious cycle. Let me know if you  need anymore help. GL

WhenInRome
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Thanks it's working now...and didn't lock me out! Luckily I saved everythingto SIM card and uploaded my pics to the computer so I still have all that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)