Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh HELL no!! piog ***Updated***

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM
  • 22 Replies
Okay, so I went to get Gracie from school today and she seems fine and normal as ever, but when we get in the car she starts telling me this story about how this boy in her class has been bullying her and I asked her what she meant. Well, she tells me that he likes to scare her and for the past two days he's SLAPPED HER IN THE FACE!!! She said the first day it was at recess and the recess supervisor took care if it and disciplined the boy and got her an ice pack and the second day it happened while she was getting a drink in the bathroom in the classroom. I don't blame the teacher- she's a really sweet lady and I know she does a good job with the kids. Bur we are going to have a meeting with her and if it continues we're going to sit down with the principal. I was in shock when Gracie told me though- she said he doesn't do it to anyone else. It breaks my heart that my little girl is being slapped by her boy classmate! :(

***UPDATE***
So DH talked to her teacher when he dropped her off at school today. Apparently the little snot actually bit her the first day on the playground, but not hard enough to leave a mark- and the second day is when he hit her. I guess I'm kinda naive cause I wasn't expecting this at a private school. :/ The teacher was really apologetic about it though and said that she's gonna do everything she can to keep him away from her. I'm pretty sure she did notify his parents too. But if this ever happens again I am gonna be up there raising hell!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristamd665
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM

If nothing is done I would raise hell. Tell them that you demand they contact his parents and let them know what their child is doing to your daughter.

Dconnorsmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Maybe he just likes her, But I would have a meeting with the teacher, principal the boy and his parents letting the little boy know that isn't nice, and that everyone should keep their hands to them self

Rhiannon1988
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM

how old is she? that's awful.. the teacher should have told you that it happened. i would tell the principal anyway and tell him to warn the boys parents that their kid is getting in trouble at school.

racheljessee
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:49 PM
She's only 5- they're in kindergarten. Yeah I was holding back tears when she told me. But it was really strange cause when she told me it was like she was just telling me about her day. She wasn't upset at all. She said it hurt at the time and he hasn't ever hit anyone else, but there was no emotion behind what she was saying at all. She has been known to exaggerate a bit but I don't think she would make up the whole thing and we told her we were going to talk to her teacher about it tomorrow and she seemed like she liked that idea.
haskins20amber
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM
Thats aweful! What is going on in schools? I would try to get the principal to set a time where you, his parents and their teacher can meet. That way maybe yall can get to the bottem of it and put an end to it. No child should have to go through that at school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:46 AM

what a little prick! i'd raise hell too if it doesn't stop. your poor dd!

Miss-B
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Quoting luvmybug:

what a little prick! i'd raise hell too if it doesn't stop. your poor dd!

luckychance1985
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:07 AM

I would be livid.... Why did no one from the SCHOOL contact you and tell you???

SrkStrickland
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:12 AM

this is why I homeschool. The bullying has gotten out of control and the adults who are there don't do anything about it. I mean, more measures should be taken and they are not!

CrimsonAlchemy
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Last year my second daugther was punched in the stomach on the bus.  I reported to the bus company and drove her to school for a few days and told the school and gave them pictures of her broozes.  They only called his grandpa and took him off the bus for one day.  I was wicked angery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)