Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first date...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:03 AM
  • 12 Replies
Well ladies,I need some advice. I am 25 years old and I am divorced. I have not dated or been in a relationship since xdh and I split in May. Well I've been trying the online dating thing and have been talking to one man for awhile now that I think I have a lot in common with. He is 31 and divorced as well. He has no kids,I have 1 dd who is almost 4. I have never dated a man who is that much older than me. He asked me out on a date. I said yes. We are going to a Mexican place in my town that has a cute bistro feel. I feel silly asking this,but what should I wear? I'm really nervous,but I want to look and feel pretty. LOL any ideas? Also,its super cold here,like 15 degrees,if that helps any. Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaKatee
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Good for you for getting back out there,you deserve it! How about some nice fitting jeans and a cute top with a jacket? That way it's nice but also casual and you wont be overdressed?

mom2ellasophia
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:06 AM

a cute dress with some boots and a Looooooooong Jacket. lol

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:08 AM
Dark denim jeans,a cute top(not too much cleavage),maybe a cardigain and cute shoes;heels or flats whatever you are comfy in and a cute jacket since its so cold. :) Good luck and have fun!
heavenly1462
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:08 AM
Thank you! I've had some bad luck in relationships,so I'm hoping I have some good luck this time around! :) I have these killer dress boots I just got that I would like to wear,so your idea sounds like it could be way cute! Thank you!

Quoting MommaKatee:

Good for you for getting back out there,you deserve it! How about some nice fitting jeans and a cute top with a jacket? That way it's nice but also casual and you wont be overdressed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsPilat
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:18 AM

aw just have fun with it....g'luck!! ...I would wear jeans with nice boots with a cute sweater....do your makeup and your hair : )

Browneyedgirl31
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:38 AM

yes to all the above but you know what you look best in!!  I have always dated older men...i just enjoy them more. I am 21 and my ex was 35. I have always been drawn to older men. Less games as I see it. Just have a pretty day and make your self feel well. Dont over eat that day so you dont feel bloated and enjoy yourself!!  I remember trying to date after I left my exhusband...kinda weird but you deserve it!!!!  COngrats and have fun!

mom2twins9909
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Idk

My only advice is to be careful.

lyranightshade
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Aww... hun, I remember this. It sucks. I've ALWAYS hated dating, it always felt like a job interview to me. When I went on my first date with DH it was summertime, so I can't really help (also, I'm fashion stunted, sorry). My best advice is to wear something warm and comfy that makes you feel pretty. Whatever makes you FEEL pretty, makes you LOOK pretty.

Don't be nervous. Oh, and the age gap is awesome. I'm 24 and DH is 32. It's fantastic. He's so much more mature and steady than guys our age, momma. He was really READY to be a family man, unlike so many twenty-something guys. Keep an open mind, don't rush it, and most importantly, don't do kiddo-man introductions until you're really sure he's going to be kept around for a good long time.

heavenly1462
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Thank you! I do feel like I'm about to go to a job interview. It sucks! LOL we've been talking for awhile, so I think we've gotten a lot of the big tough questions out of the way. But I'm still nervous...I think its because he is older. I'm also intrigued by it,because I really want to meet someone who is more mature and doesn't play games,and who is ready for a relationship. You're right in saying that guys in there 20's are more likely to not be ready. My ex hubby is 24 and acts like he's 5. LOL

Quoting lyranightshade:

Aww... hun, I remember this. It sucks. I've ALWAYS hated dating, it always felt like a job interview to me. When I went on my first date with DH it was summertime, so I can't really help (also, I'm fashion stunted, sorry). My best advice is to wear something warm and comfy that makes you feel pretty. Whatever makes you FEEL pretty, makes you LOOK pretty.

Don't be nervous. Oh, and the age gap is awesome. I'm 24 and DH is 32. It's fantastic. He's so much more mature and steady than guys our age, momma. He was really READY to be a family man, unlike so many twenty-something guys. Keep an open mind, don't rush it, and most importantly, don't do kiddo-man introductions until you're really sure he's going to be kept around for a good long time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavenly1462
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Thank you! I have a general idea of what I feel pretty in. But,as strange as this sounds,I'm not sure what guys older than me think is pretty on a woman. I know that sounds silly,but its been so long since I've been on a date,I really want to impress him! LOL

Quoting Browneyedgirl31:

yes to all the above but you know what you look best in!!  I have always dated older men...i just enjoy them more. I am 21 and my ex was 35. I have always been drawn to older men. Less games as I see it. Just have a pretty day and make your self feel well. Dont over eat that day so you dont feel bloated and enjoy yourself!!  I remember trying to date after I left my exhusband...kinda weird but you deserve it!!!!  COngrats and have fun!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)