Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! I am still a little shocked...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM
  • 46 Replies

Ok, so me and hubby were trying to conceive for three years. We never had any luck, so finally broke down and talked to a doctor about it. I had an appointment set for January for us to both be checked out for problems and talk about any drugs we may take for fertility.

Well, last week I went to my regular doctor to talk about my weight (I have been going to the gym trying to lose a little) and I hadn't been feeling well. There is a pretty bad virus going around, so the Doctor was thinking it was what was wrong. So she started to prescribe me some medicine, then said she was going to give me a pregnancy test to make sure I wasn't pregnant before giving me any kind of drugs. So she sent me back for that and some blood work (to check my thyroid). I peed in the cup, and was waiting for my blood to be drawn when the Doctor comes and sits next to me in the empty waiting room. She looks and me and says "Amber, your pregnancy test was positive." I just looked at her all stunned, then just started crying...lol She smiled cause she knew it was a happy cry, and I think everyone in the office was excited for me.

It is so crazy! 3 years and we have no luck, I make the appointment to start treatments and turn up pregnant a month before my appointment!!! And not only that, but one of my closest friends found out she is pregnant 2 days after I did...lol we are only a week apart. I also have 4 or 5 cousins who are pregnant right now. My husband's brother and his gf (who is one of my cousins...lol yea its weird) are expecting, she is 5 months along. Our families are gonna be taken over by babies in the new year! lol

Oh...I am 7 weeks along!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lramey
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:57 AM

yay!!!  congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

nebraskamomof3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:58 AM

That just got me all teary eyed!! Congrats!!

kleigh24

aww congrats, thats so great!

wickedbehla

Congrats mama!!!!!!

CailynsMom1229
Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatherineM
Congrats that is usually the way it happens. ( when your not constantly worrying about it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommykc12

Congrats! I'm 6 weeks pregnant!

Kristy728
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Congratulations Momma!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Talansmomma816
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Congrats!!

KREP
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Wowj Thats so exciting, Im so happy for you! CONGRATS! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)