Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should I take him? HELP

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
ds has a cough. it is not bad during the day, but after bed it gets bad. it started monday night. his pedi does not work thursdays, should I take him to another dr or wait till tomorrow?? His only other symptom is red cheeks and a very low grade fever. Just not sure what to do.....?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SheWoman
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM

If he's had it since Monday, I would probably take him in. Is there an on-call person you can call and check with?

mrsmac521
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I would just wait

JoyfulSurprise
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Try using a humidifier in the room at night.  My daughter just got over a cold this past week and she didn't cough much during the day but the minute she'd lay her head down at night she'd start coughing.  The humidifier almost made it stop completely.  

Is his attitude different?  Does he seem miserable or lethargic?  I'd wait it out unless he has those symptoms too, then I'd go. 

junebug83
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Id wait however i dont take my kids to the Dr hardly ever. I think he will be fine How old is he?

Winter1derland
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Coughs are going around. I'd wait. My girls had it just a couple weeks ago. A cool mist humidifier, and a little vicks on his chest will help. Prop his pillows behind him to help him sit up while he sleeps, his airways will be more open and cause less coughing. There's not a lot a dr can do for a cough. Use a little tylenol to control the fever if it gets bad. Hope he feels better soon.

Rachel42903
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:13 PM
He is 18 months old, and he is ornery as ever!! lol he just has this terrible cough....i think I will try and call the phone nurse at his drs....

ty for advice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mna_823
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM

try to prop him up when he sleeps, it may be mucus settling/draining that's making him cough.  They have vicks rub for kids and I would also use humidifier.  I would probably just take him tomorrow.

leasure0911
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Does it sound like its in lungs? If not, I would just wait it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)