Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

totally random, but can you do me a favor?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

I write stories for fun. Long ones, short ones... Whatever. I'm so bored with my ideas right now, yet can't get a handle on any one thing.
There are so many different women in this group I thought you all could give me some ideas. It can be anything, names, dates, storylines. Freaking things you've seen, or always wanted to see. Fact, fiction, true story. Anything! Anything you'd like to see in a story.
Then I'll pick out 3-6 ideas randomly (like out of a hat random) and write a story based on that. If it's not atrocious I'll even post it in my journals :)
I just love writing when I have no idea where they story is taking me. Tia.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaPpY_MoMmY_10
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I have some pretty crazy stories.... Depends on whether you want it short or long... What type of stories do you like to write? happy, sad, inspirational?

Tattooed Mommy

"The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care that you don't have tattoos."
treehugger823
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM
I'd like to help you but I have had writers block for the last five years or so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:49 PM
everything. I write for my own entertainment so I write whatever. Drama, silly, western, sci-fi, romance, historical. Anything! That's why I need new ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:51 PM
aww I'm sorry! :(

Quoting treehugger823:

I'd like to help you but I have had writers block for the last five years or so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:51 PM
oh I write christian, and other religiouns too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treehugger823
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Oh its ok it seems I only write when I'm depressed so maybe it's a good thing?

Other than picking the brains of cm-ers, how do you get inspired?

Quoting iHay:

Quoting treehugger823:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckychance1985
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:02 PM

How about a story about a 16 year old girl, pregnant w/ twins ran away from home had them @ 23 weeks. Child services took them away b/c she said she wanted to go to college and they said she had 'unrealistic goals' made it through all that, had 3 more kids. One of the twins passed away, and had an abusive husband. Left him after 7 years. Now has her own home and all of her babies. Did it with no ones help. By the way, this is a true story. She did all of this and is only 24 now. All of this happened to my best friend. Don't know anyone as strong and wonderful as her. She has been through it all. 

PS - The living twin is now 8 years old. Has to be in a 24 hour medical hospital due to a ton of problems, but he made it despite all the doctors assumptions! 

iHay
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Haha, besides that? Uuhhh... I seem to only write when I'm in love. Weird I know. Looking at pictures actually inspires me alot. And listening to music. Just the basic stuff like that.

Quoting treehugger823:

Oh its ok it seems I only write when I'm depressed so maybe it's a good thing?

Other than picking the brains of cm-ers, how do you get inspired?

Quoting iHay:

Quoting treehugger823:

iHay
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Wow! That is an amazing story! Its crazy what some people go through in their lives.

Quoting luckychance1985:

How about a story about a 16 year old girl, pregnant w/ twins ran away from home had them @ 23 weeks. Child services took them away b/c she said she wanted to go to college and they said she had 'unrealistic goals' made it through all that, had 3 more kids. One of the twins passed away, and had an abusive husband. Left him after 7 years. Now has her own home and all of her babies. Did it with no ones help. By the way, this is a true story. She did all of this and is only 24 now. All of this happened to my best friend. Don't know anyone as strong and wonderful as her. She has been through it all. 

PS - The living twin is now 8 years old. Has to be in a 24 hour medical hospital due to a ton of problems, but he made it despite all the doctors assumptions! 

luckychance1985
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Yeah, she's been through it all. Tried drugs (didn't get addicted though thank God), Had a gun put to her head, her mom sent her to jail 9 months pregnant, had her kids taken away, one of her children passed away, been homeless, I can go on and on. And to think, She is only 24 years old NOW. Its scary. She has a great head on her shoulders, did what she had to do ALONE and now has a job, her own house, her own car. She is just an AMAZING woman. If there's a will, there's a way and she sure found it. Someone could make an Oscar winning movie about her success. She truly amazes me with her accomplishments. Couldn't imagine going through everything she's been through. She is my inspiration. 

Quoting iHay:

Wow! That is an amazing story! Its crazy what some people go through in their lives.

Quoting luckychance1985:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)