Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

christmas anoyed

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

what is christmas about i think for each person its diffrent i want to be around my family like every body thats how its been since i can rember no matter how far we allways where together but now i have two kids and a husband and we are kinda far away but i still want to take that extra bit to go see my family but it just feels and endless battle he wont buge it means so much two me but he thinks that him and the kids are enogh and they are i love every min with them but really its one time a year i dont know what i should say or do or should i just take the easy road and give up i love my new family but i love my siblings and parents n all of them as well

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cadeesmommy0120
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Holy run-on sentence!!!!! 

But seriously, I know how you feel kind of.  I don't have to worry about a hubby not wanting to go anywhere..I just don't have the money to fly to the east coast for every holiday...:(

luckychance1985
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM

If he loves you, then what is important to you, should be important to him as well. I think you should go. 

NearSeattleMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:33 PM

How far away is your family?

It's an adjustment, that's for sure.  Hope things work out for you.

kodawhite
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:16 PM

thier less then 12 hours driveing. and we never could afford it befor, but now we can and it would be great. i really hate that my kids are just growing up not even haveing thier family around and i mean really not around and now i have to take christmas away two how scappy.

DeputyWifeJen
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:22 PM
That is the longest sentence ever. Isolation from family is a sign of an over controlling husband, please be careful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2-1986
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Run on sentence.but family should come first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_lizzie
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:33 PM

christmas is kinda touchy with me... but with my faimly i have i try to have traditions and it's not about what you get... it's about the love of your faimly and giving to others.  like we don't do santa here... we aren't religious in any way really... but we still celebrate and i try to teach my kiddos even tho they are small that it's not about how many toys you get... it's about sharing love with others and being nice to everyone and that you shouldn't just do it for this time of year, but all the time!

and of course i HATE going to the store this time of year... really... last year my NEW sportage got hit TEN TIMES b/c ppl were too busy to pay attention... i even got a tail light knocked out TWICE... the same one at that!

so this year i did alot of my shopping online to try to avoid that b/c we have a new van now lol  and i kinda like it!

sarabur420
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:35 PM
I can't imagine your man not wanting you to see your family...I would put my foot down, if you can afford it then go! My mom is in South Africa for the holidays, and my family is small, so my mom being gone really puts a damper on the holidays. I'm wishing she was only 12 hours away. Go see your family!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superexcitedmom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:37 PM
I'm sorry! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Kenleigh05
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:38 PM

First off, NO man will tell me I can't see my family.. If something happened to you and your husband who is the first people you turn to? Your family.. So that means if he loves you, then he will surely or needs to understand you want to see your family.. If he doesn't then he is just a controlling husband, and it will get worse! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)