Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need ideas please! (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:37 PM
  • 3 Replies
My sister is getting married in late March (after her baby is born) and I am helping her plan the wedding. She and her DF considered going to the JP, but my sis really wants a wedding. So I need some inexpensive (or free) ideas to run by her. IE, photography, food, etc.
I am handmaking her invitations, so that isn't an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bren07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM

do things ur self, buy stuff online (shop around online to find the cheapest price), go local for photography and music, do a pot luck or BBQ for reception..etc..for our wedding we did most things our self had family friends do the reception food, found a local photographer who ran pretty cheap, bought my dress online for $460, our DJ was a family friend/local radio DJ..

mrsmizcell
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM

See if any of your friends are really good at taking pictures to do the photography, there are some great hobbiests out there. Do a potluck for the food (and maybe keep the guest number low) an ipod and some speakers could be used for music and a friend can mc. and you can probably rent a hall for under 500.

johnnieskrissy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:20 PM

i had baught cameras from my local dollar store and told my guests to take "their own " pics of that day... i was very plesently suprised,,, loved them all. even 1 or 2 cameras found their way into the hands of a few lil kids. those pics were fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)