Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need to complain

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
I hate my job. I hate how my boss treats all of us. Nothing is ever done right. Nothing is ever done fast enough. Nothing is ever good enough.

I'm sick of hearing "if you can't live up to these expectations, find the door."

I'm sick of hearing how I need to step it up, I need to contribute more, I need to be willing to work as a team.

How am I not? I got a text the other night at almost 9 PM. She told me I needed to come in at SIX AM instead of 8 AM. A text. That late at night. Nice heads up. I was irritated, but did anyway.

Then yesterday she asked me to stay an extra hour or two to help out. So I did.

Then she asked me to come in today. My day OFF. For two hours to help even more. So I did.

When I told her I had to leave after staying almost an hour extra today, she got pissed off. "So that's all you got done? You couldn't do more? You can't stay to do more? Ok well I guess we will just figure it out without you."

I'm done going the extra mile. I'm done trying. I should have quit back in JUNE when I wanted to. Its been hell since I started and I keep saying to myself "it will get better, let it go, it will get better."

No it hasn't. Its the same song and dance. I'm not good enough, I'm not a team player. I'm a failure.

I'm 34 fucking weeks pregnant. I can't take this anymore. I'm not even grateful to have a job working for this bitch. I'd rather be dirt poor than deal with this anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PhiLLy-StyLe
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:45 PM

hugssorry to hear, it sounds similar to my job, completely thankless for all the bullshit we put up with and schedule switching at the last minute that we do.   I can't say anything to make you feel better except, i know how you feel.

erikays
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:50 PM
I'm sorry hun. Hang in there and while your on maternity leave try finding a new job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squishylove
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Ugh, that's awful.  Sorry you have to deal with that, especially being pregnant.  I hope you can find a new job after maternity leave.

happymommy1105
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Sorry.

You need to set better boundaries with your boss though. She takes advantage of you because she can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superexcitedmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM
I'm sorry! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Last time I stood up for myself I got written up. So I'm just working til I have the baby and keeping my mouth shut. Its bullshit. I don't know how she gets away with how she runs things but she does. I've been there since April. She's gone through 4 assistant managers, 4 bakers and 6 closers. She spreads rumors, lies, manipulates upper management so they are on her side and makes everyone else the bad guy.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Sorry.

You need to set better boundaries with your boss though. She takes advantage of you because she can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)